Why

Guest Big Frank

Guest Big Frank

Now if I did any of the above list today do you think that my punishment would of been so hard.

No, because they all involve the company's employees/property, not the public who use the service the company provides. They are what is most important to a company in the services industry.
Ok you have made a good point but if I swore at a member of the public would it look as bad as being called a racist person? The fact is that I would most likely get sacked for swearing but I cant see it impending me from getting another job but yet now I will find it almost impossible to find a job now that I have the word racist hanging over my head.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alanhill

The interesting thing here is that 70% of the people involved in the riots were Asians yet only 12 arrests was made. The stoke fans that were involved almost 47 was arrested. The TV coverage tried to cover this fact up because they were scared that it was cause a national uproar amongst the Asian community in the UK if Asians were blamed in anyway for the riots. The fact is that the BMP was used as a scapegoat in the whole situation which made a fairly unknown political party at the time gets so much coverage at the time. This was basically an advertisement for the parties

Edited by alanhill

And why should my anecdotal (lovely word by the way, you keep on impressing me with that dictionary of yours) evidence simply be ignored? Is what we see over the years in real life situations of no use when making a case/argument about something?I get frustrated on a daily basis by political correctness and the do-gooders trying to enforce it. Easter has already been taken away from many of our school children; I expect you

Edited by Psybro

Guest Big Frank

The interesting thing here is that 70% of the people involved in the riots were Asians yet only 12 arrests was made. The stoke fans that were involved almost 47 was arrested. The TV coverage tried to cover this fact up because they were scared that it was cause a national uproar amongst the Asian community in the UK if Asians were blamed in anyway for the riots. The fact is that the BMP was used as a scapegoat in the whole situation which made a fairly unknown political party at the time gets so much coverage at the time. This was basically an advertisement for the parties

I dont see how coloured can be offensive, lets put it like this and the following isn't me being racist, its an example.Surely to me a coloured man is someone who isnt black...black not being a colour altho black people are kinda brown, lol, so if I called someone a blackman and they found it offensive then I called them a coloured man, and they were offensive then what the heck should I call them? Your either black or coloured, if ya get me.Then again its always differcult cos of cultures or whatever, personally many have told me to say mixed race, but to me that doesnt sound right, sayin someone is mixed, could again offended someone, as could the word halfcast, as calling someone that could again piss someone off.I guess that some people are funny about these things and some people will be differcult about it, although I do think the whole black thing is over the top and people take it far to seriously. To me if someone called me a white boy then depending on the tone of voice I would decided how to take it, someone could say it in a good way and someone could say it in a rude way, to me its something stupid that will never be resolved cos some people take things far too seriously.

Guest Big Frank

I dont see how coloured can be offensive, lets put it like this and the following isn't me being racist, its an example.Surely to me a coloured man is someone who isnt black...black not being a colour altho black people are kinda brown, lol, so if I called someone a blackman and they found it offensive then I called them a coloured man, and they were offensive then what the heck should I call them? Your either black or coloured, if ya get me.Then again its always differcult cos of cultures or whatever, personally many have told me to say mixed race, but to me that doesnt sound right, sayin someone is mixed, could again offended someone, as could the word halfcast, as calling someone that could again piss someone off.I guess that some people are funny about these things and some people will be differcult about it, although I do think the whole black thing is over the top and people take it far to seriously. To me if someone called me a white boy then depending on the tone of voice I would decided how to take it, someone could say it in a good way and someone could say it in a rude way, to me its something stupid that will never be resolved cos some people take things far too seriously.

That

Up until last year when some woman went crazy on Kilroy for being called coloured (not in an insulting way, someone was just trying to refer to something she had said earlier) I honestly didn't know the word was offensive in the slightest.In fact I actually thought it was the PC thing to say when referring to non-white people. I really can't see how it can be offensive all that much (and nobody seems to mind the word from my experiences) but if they want to add another word to the taboo list, go ahead.

I have other example lots of people use the word Paki shop now these are the same people who use the shop to buy goods how in anyway can this be offensive? If the people really were making it as a racist

I have other example lots of people use the word Paki shop now these are the same people who use the shop to buy goods how in anyway can this be offensive? If the people really were making it as a racist’s remark then would they not boycott the shop on the grounds of his skin colour?

I don't agree with that at all.The word "Paki" has always been used as a derogatory term no matter how you try and look at it. People who say it may not mean it as an insult thesedays, but for the Pakistani people it's obviously still going to be highly offensive."Coloured" to me is just another descriptive term, no different than calling someone white or black, so I don't know how it became offensive. I don't think anyone has ever tried to insult someone by calling them coloured as it wouldn't really be an insult.

Guest Big Frank

I have other example lots of people use the word Paki shop now these are the same people who use the shop to buy goods how in anyway can this be offensive? If the people really were making it as a racist

How many people get forced into going to the local shop for some bread they have choice.

If you move into a foreign country with little or no valid qualifications other than what you know from your own family business, it more or less IS.

Guest Big Frank

Guest Big Frank

How many people get forced into going to the local shop for some bread they have choice.

If you move into a foreign country with little or no valid qualifications other than what you know from your own family business, it more or less IS.
I think you misunderstood my point was that people who use the term paki shop in general would not be racist people they just use the term because maybe it

• Paid Members

I think "coloured" has something to do with an implication that these people were coloured, rather than are coloured, as a means of indicating to others their lower status. It's one of those that when you ask people why it's offensive, they go all tight lipped and just fluster at you.