Wrestlemania XX UKFF Guide

brett

Guest The Masked Avenger

Latest Email from that Bus trip bloke :Hey All,As it stands now, we will no longer be going to Fanslam, only the ROH show. The total for the trip (including trans and tickets to ROH's convention and evening show) will be $50. (IF YOU ALREADY HAVE TICKETS FOR ROH, THE TRIP WILL BE $30 or $35 depending on if you need a convention ticket)We are working on some other stuff as well. We will be taking full payments starting MONDAY 2/2 via paypal.com or (for you guys, international) money order. We have 2 buses booked so that should hopefully be enough for anyone coming from out of town as well as our own regulars and we hope you all have a good time. ROH will run a convention with Roddy Piper signing and a "Do or Die" card featuring new stars from 2-5. They will then have their major shows SCRAMBLE CAGE 2 at 7:30. In between, the Rexplex facility has an arcade as well as a concessions stand which will serve food. There is a Toys R Us and a few other shops within the shopping center as well for those of you who want to wander around. I am currently setting up that everyone who comes on the trip gets first admission into the evening show so you can have the best choice of general admission seats. Now please note that if you attend the trip, you won't be able to make the WWE Hall of Fame Dinner that night at the Hilton in Manhattan, so if you plan to or want to attend that event, don't make plans to hit ROH.For those of you staying in Manhattan, we will have a stop at the Manhattan Center (first home of Raw) which is located at 311 West 34th Street. This is 5 minute walk, literally around the corner from Madison Square Garden. Those of you coming from out of town might also want to take note that MSG has a "backstage tour" for $17. It runs about an hour and takes you inside the building and some of the locker rooms. They are doing it the DAY of Wrestlemania. You may be interested in doing that since you are in town. There will also be a WWE Brunch Sunday morning.I will be out of town from 1/29-2/1, so if anyone has anything I can help them with, toss me an email before or after and I'll write you back.I hope all of you are well. I attended the Rumble last night and they started setting up some interesting stuff for Mania.Mike

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satans Goalkeeper

So how many ppl are actually going to the ceremony??I am really stuck to what to do! I woul really like to c Do or Die, but like someone said it is a "once in a lifetime opportunity"Any idea how many tkts have been made avble for sale?

Guest CJ Brown

Think we are going to save some money and go to ROH and spend a bit more on Colthes. Bloody Cheek its not included in the Platinum Package anyway, the amount we had to spend on itOh, and stop the bitching.

Edited by CJ Brown

Guest webmastfowrestlegame

Not seen this discussed anywhere yet but having been to WMX8 and experienced the same problem I'll try to get this thread somewhat back on topic.The chair.I went to Toronto thinking I could put it in a large suitcase. How wrong I was. Panic mode hit and I did a bodge job Blue Peter would be proud of and mangled two cardboard boxes to wrap around it and the lovely lady at Air Canada didn't charge me to put it on as extra luggage.I'm not going to risk it again and essentially these are the options:a) post it back - problem here is cost and the fact you would have to package it up anyway.b) get a custom made box. These can be expensive, however. A silly cost.c) (and what I and my friends are doing) - get bubble wrap while you are out there, wrap it in the bubble wrap, cocoon it with tape and then use it as your seond piece of luggage on the plane thus not being charged for it. Disadvantage here is that you have to get all your merch, shopping and other gifts in same large suitcase as clothes etc.If anybody else has a better idea (and knows cost) please share as I am sure there are people here who have not considered this aspect of the trip who think they can get the chair in their suitcase - I haven't seen a suitcase that can fit it but thats not say there isn't one.

Edited by webmastfowrestlegame

Guest CJ Brown

The Chair thing! LOL, it really is a bigger problem than you realise. We used a mixture of bubble Rap and Bin Liners and taped it all up. I also had to put in some of my clothes, put them over the chair thus acting as more padding AND allowing me to actually take them home due to lack of space in the old Suitcase which had the phatty sized WWE Title belt to accomadate

I had the same problem in Seattle. Before going me and a mate both thought we would be able to fit the chairs into our suitcases, when it came time to actually do it they was absolutly no chance of getting them in. We bought some cheap sticky tape and taped them together and checked them in with our suitcases. British Airways made me sign a waiver to say that we wouldn't hold them responsible for any damage caused to them.Fortunately they survived the trip back on the plane and a hideous journey on London Underground and Connex South Central.This year Im planning on taking bubble wrap and sticky tape in advance, just wondering whether the authorities at the airport will be ok with me having stuff of that nature in my suitcase. Obviously Im not exactly going to hijack the plane with bubble wrap, but the people at the airport can be kinda funny sometimes, for example on the way back from Toronto my mate wasn't allowed to take back his walkman because it wasn't working, and I wasn't allowed to take back a wet flannel!?! Bizarre.

Anyone know whether or not you have to dress up for the Dinner like dopper will be doing or can you wear anything?

I asked a friend who has been to all kind of exclusive WWE events held around big PPV's over the past six years what she thought, and her reply was:Right this is what I found out for Hall of Fame. While no one will be turned away they are hoping that everyone will avoid jeans and casual clothes. They are hoping for a bit more elegant event.I'll probably be in a suit, undecided whether to go as far as wearing a tux though.I was thinking, have they ever shown footage of past Hall Of Fame ceremony's on any videos or anything? All I remember about past ones was that Andre was the first inductee some time in 1993 and I remember Superfly Jimmy Snuka getting in the night before Survivor Series 1996. Anyone remember if any footage of that ceremony was shown on the Survivors tape?It might give us a clue as to what would be suitable. :thumbsup:

Guest The Masked Avenger

Dopper - there is some footage on the SS96 tape, I watched it a few weeks ago.IIRC most if not all people are wearing suits.