Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

Afraid I know nothing about MMA so this post’s going to be much briefer than the wrestling one and not have pictures. Maybe an MMA Forum poster can oblige and fill in the gaps for me.

 

MMA Fight of the Year

It’s Holloway vs. Gaethje.

Things I don’t know: their first names, when the fight took place and which promotion it was for, who won. 
 

Best MMA Fighter

Joint winners! Ilia Topuria and Alex Pereira got the same number of votes.

Things I don’t know: would they be allowed to fight each other to determine a winner?

 

MMA Rising Star

It’s Payton Talbott by default.

Things I don’t know: can you win an MMA fight by default?

 

MMA Event of the Year

UFC 300 must have been a big deal?
 

Best Knockout

Okay, so Holloway vs Gaethje must have ended by knockout if it won here too (default again). Still no clue about the rest of it though. Sorry MMA guys.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I could provide some answers, but really it's something only @wandshogun09 could do justice to.

EDIT: That is, regarding Holloway vs. Gaethje. As regards the Best MMA fighter category, the two in question are too far apart in weight to ever be able to fight each other - Topuria is a featherweight, and Pereira is a light heavyweight.

 

Edited by Carbomb

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...