Future of House Show Happenings

Future of House Show Happenings  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/30/2024 at 11:00 PM

That's insanely shit. I've just had a look at that month and it demonstrates beyond all doubt that the next feature absolutely has to be WCW House Shows in the 90s. The week after this spectacular they ran a show at Planet Ice in Blackburn, and the card featured gems like -

Ricky Steamboat and Sting v Hollywood Blondes

Ric Flair v Ric Rude

Regal v Dusty 

Davey Boy v Vader for the gold

Some towns at the time were getting the rough end of the pineapple and we're forced to endure Kole v Tom Zenk while others were seeing the Nature Boy and Sting. A thread on this would be extremely entertaining. 

• Paid Members

It's amazing how these things work out.

17 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I went WCW from 1990. The fun of this for me has been in seeing unexpected names pop up, and that feels the best era for some of that.

17 hours ago, air_raid said:

Ah, a Firebreaker Chip fan.

SPOILERS - in doing casual prep for if (when) WCW post-buyout wins, which starts in November 1988... they went to Raleigh that month, on which the (original) Midnight Express beat Mike Justice and Curtis Thompson.

Curtis Thompson? Firebreaker Chip. You couldn't make it up.