UFC Vegas: Allen vs Craig - Nov 18 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Last Apex card of 2023 and it looks very Apexy…

IMG-3084.jpg

ESPN MAIN CARD
Brendan Allen vs Paul Craig 

Jake Matthews vs Michael Morales 

Jordan Leavitt vs Chase Hooper 

Payton Talbott vs Nick Aguirre 

Amanda Ribas vs Luana Pinheiro 

Myktybek Orolbai vs Uros Medic 

ESPN+/FIGHT PASS PRELIMS
Jonathan Pearce vs Joanderson Brito

Chad Anheliger vs Jose Johnson 

Christian Leroy Duncan vs Denis Tiuliulin 

Mick Parkin vs Caio Machado 

Lucas Alexander vs Jeka Saragih

Lucie Pudilova vs Ailin Perez 

Nikolas Motta vs Trey Ogden 

Charles Johnson vs Rafael Estevam  

Not great, is it? Luckily it’s sandwiched between 295 and a banging Fight Night in Austin, Texas. I’ve seen this card getting almost universally, unanimously shat on all over social media and I can’t really even disagree. There’s some decent stuff on there and I like the main event more than most seem to. But on the whole, this card isn’t much to write home about at all.

IMG-3638.jpg

Brendan Allen vs Paul Craig is a solid Fight Night headliner. Too good for the Apex really but whatever. It’s one of those fights that could be absolutely incredible if they mostly grapple but you know how those fights usually go and they’ll both probably opt for a mediocre striking battle. Hopefully it goes to the mat at some point though. Allen’s currently ranked #10 at Middleweight according to the UFC website. And I was slightly surprised to see Craig is already at #13 despite only having one fight in the division since dropping down to 185. So a win here for Craig could see him straight in the Top 10 just 2 fights into his Middleweight run. He’s got his work cut out though.

IMG-3630.jpg

I’ve been saying for a while on here that I felt like Allen was a bit of a darkhorse at 185. He came into the UFC as a former LFA champion and submitted Kevin Holland in his Octagon debut. A win I don’t think many remember now. He followed that by stopping Tom Breese in a round and won a decision over Kyle Daukaus in a proper banger of a fight that was only overshadowed because it happened on the undercard of the Dustin Poirier vs Dan Hooker FOTY contender. But any momentum he built up was then lost when he got TKO’d by fucking Sean Strickland in his next fight. He beat Punahele Soriano in another cracking fight but then was stopped again by Chris Curtis. And that was the issue. Allen always showed promise but never really found true consistency. Since then though, something seems to have clicked and he’s managed to win his last 5 fights. He submitted Sam Alvey (ha!), decisioned Jacob Malkoun and then rattled off 3 straight subs over Krzysztof Jotko, Andre Muniz and Bruno Silva. He’s now 22-5 with 18 finishes and is still only 27 years old. Not sure how much further he can go but over his last few fights it definitely feels like he’s coming into the absolute best form of his career.

IMG-3633.jpg

Paul Craig has also been known to be wildly inconsistent. He’s usually fun to watch but results haven’t always gone his way. He’s 35 years old now with a record of 17-6-1 and 17 finishes. He had a really up and down run at Light Heavyweight. It’s funny when you look back over his record because he’s got some wins that look great on paper. He’s got a TKO over the legendary Shogun Rua and has finished current top contender Magomed Ankalaev and recent 205 champ Jamahal Hill. Those Ankalaev and Hill ones were memorable as well. The Ankalaev sub was nuts, Craig was losing the whole fight then caught him in a triangle and got the submission with literally one second left in the fight. And the Hill fight ended when Craig mangled his arm then stopped him. But then you see losses to the likes of Pedro, Rountree, Crute and Menifield. Not awful fighters but not guys you can afford to lose to if you’re trying to make a case for a run at UFC gold. They all finished him as well. His LHW days came to an end with back-to-back losses to Volkan Oezdemir and Johnny Walker. He finally dropped to Middleweight for his last fight on the London card in July.

IMG-3167.jpg

image.gif.d83d91b4c972cd8f0f8798a7bcec682c.gif

IMG-3634.jpg

He took on Allen’s old mate Andre Muniz and got the second round TKO and a POTN bonus for his efforts. I remember it being an exciting fight while it lasted and a strong performance from Craig in his Middleweight debut. And against a tough opponent. Muniz is no soft first fight for a debut in a new weight class. Craig didn’t shy away from meeting him head on in the grappling and, although he didn’t get a submission, he more than held his own, battered him with ground and pound and came out of it with his hand raised. He was actually calling out Bo Nickal after that win, I wouldn’t have minded seeing that. But I remember saying at the time I’d prefer to see him in with Allen or Gerald Meerschaert. And here we are.

IMG-3312.png

As lacklustre as most of this card is and as warranted as a lot of the criticism I’ve seen is, I do like this fight and I’m fine with it main eventing. It’s a shame really that they’re topping such a nothing show because the lack of interest towards the card as a whole is gonna be linked to them. But as a stand-alone fight, I’ve got no problem with this. Like I said, I hope they both come in wanting to prove a point about who’s the superior grappler because that’s how we get the best out of these two and the matchup itself. That’s both their bread and butter. If they respect each others ground games too much and go more the striking route then I definitely favour Allen. On the ground it’s much more interesting. Hopefully that’s how it plays out. You look at the way they both dealt with Muniz, a BJJ black-belt who’s dangerous on the ground, to the point he broke Jacare’s arm not too long ago. The fact both Allen and Craig have gone to the ground with him, got the better of him there and finished him there just shows that these two are no joke when it comes to the grappling side of things. Could be a horizontal war if they’re both up for it.

IMG-3640.jpg

Jake Matthews vs Michael Morales could be fun. Not sure about the co-main billing but 1) it’s the Apex and 2) they’re high on Morales so I get trying to give him a bit of spotlight. Matthews is somehow still only 29, despite seeming like he’s been on the roster about 20 years. Made his UFC debut all the way back in 2014, for fuck’s sake! He was talked about as a prospect back then but I think a lot of that was just because he was so young and had age on his side. He’s never been able to put it all together and get over the hump though. He’ll look great one fight and really flat the next. His knockout over Andre Fialho last year was great but then he’s gone 1-1 since. He’s coming into this fight off a submission win over Darrius Flowers in July, so on his typical form he’s due another loss here. And I think he’s losing this one anyway. Ecuador’s Morales is just 23 years old and undefeated at 15-0 with 12 finishes. He’s very much a work in progress and not without flaws but for his age, you can’t really fault him. He’s gone 3-0 in the UFC so far. Stopped Trevin Giles and Adam Fugitt and in his last fight he took a decision off Max Griffin, which was his biggest test to date. Always get the feeling the matchmakers are gonna rush guys like this along too quickly but we’ll see. I think this is a fight Morales wins but you never know.

IMG-3642.jpg

Jordan Leavitt vs Chase Hooper isn’t bad. Battle of the nerds. Matchup-wise it’s kind of like the main event to me, in that if they mostly grapple it’ll be good stuff. Not sure about the standup but, based on what I’ve seen and what I recall of both, Leavitt probably wins a striking match. Just never been convinced by Hooper. Just in general really but especially in the standup. We’ll see how it goes. Leavitt’s 11-2 and I still haven’t quite forgiven him for losing to Paddy Pimblett last year. He rebounded nicely in February with a first round, POTN winning TKO over Victor Martinez…

image.gif.a97db3b00a36a2623050ed18702cbe95.gif

Where was that against Paddy? He’s pretty average really. Best win is still probably his highlight reel slam KO over a washed up Matt Wiman a few years ago. Hooper’s only 24 so it’s way too early to write him off. But I don’t know. I just never get a good feeling watching him. He’s 12-3-1 now and, while he has shown some talent, at other times he’s looked completely out of his depth. And against fairly subpar opposition. He got obliterated in about 90 seconds by fucking Steve Garcia a couple of fights ago. I just feel like, as cool as it must be for him to be in the UFC at such a young age, maybe it all came too soon for him. Feels like he could’ve done with another 2-3 years on the smaller shows gaining experience. He got back in the win column against Nick Fiore in May but, I don’t know. I like Chase but I just don’t see it with him. Hopefully these two have a good fight though.

IMG-3648.jpg

Payton Talbott vs Nick Aguirre is a complete mystery to me. Not sure why it’s on the main card either. Can only guess the matchmakers must be high on Talbott, who’s making his UFC debut here, and they wanna give him a bit of a push. Otherwise it looks really out of place so high up the card. Had a quick look at some clips of him and he looks like he could be exciting to watch.

IMG-3344.jpg

We’ll see. He’s 25 years old, 6-0 with 5 knockouts and coming off a points win on DWCS in August. Before that he was fighting on Urijah Faber’s A1 Combat shows. ‘Slick’ Nick Aguirre has fought once in the UFC, losing a decision to Dan Argueta in January. No recollection of it. He’s 27 years old and 7-1 with 7 finishes.

IMG-3639.jpg

Amanda Ribas vs Luana Pinheiro is an OK fight, nothing special. Ribas is dropping back to Strawweight here after going 1-2 in her run at Flyweight. I’m hoping she can get back to winning ways here but my expectations are kind of shot with her at this point. She got off to a decent start in the UFC beating Mackenzie Dern, Randa Markos and Paige VanZant in her first 3 trips to the Octagon. But it’s been hot and cold since then. She’s usually in enjoyable fights though. She even dragged Katlyn Chookagian to something watchable a couple of fights ago. She’s coming into this fight off a rough TKO loss against Maycee Barber in June though. It was a fight that surpassed my expectations, they really went for it. But Ribas got the worst of it. She got fucked up. I’m a bit hazy on Luana Pinheiro but she’s 11-1 and on a 9 fight winning streak. Not sure how I rate her though. The record looks good if you’re just looking at it purely numbers-wise but her best win is a split decision over what’s looking like a shot Michelle Waterson in her last fight in April. And I’m sure I had Waterson winning that one. Fuck knows?

IMG-5550.jpg

Myktybek Orolbai vs Uros Medic is ***WAND’S ONE TO WATCH*** here. It’s slim pickings on this card and this probably seems like an odd choice to highlight at first glance. Medic was all set to face Jonny Parsons on this card and that was already my ‘one to watch’. Just days out from the show, Parsons has dropped out. And this Orolbai chap is stepping in, making his UFC debut on less than a week’s notice. I’m actually more interested in this now than the original Parsons matchup. Orolbai is from Kyrgyzstan and has a record of 11-1-1 and 10 finishes. Apparently he trains out of Team Alpha Male he’s been fighting in LFA recently. In fact, he just fought in late October and delivered this peach of an uppercut KO…

image.gif.3b5879adb6bc08b30bee91426afd82bf.gif

Fuck me! Don’t know anything else about him. I only started doing a bit of digging just before typing this. But already I’m intrigued. And at least with him fighting just 2 weeks or so ago, he should still be in good shape. And Medis is 9-1 with all his wins coming inside the distance and the only loss was against Jalin Turner. He’s coming off an exciting fight against Matthew Semelsberger at UFC 291 in July that I think about 12 people actually watched. Medic got the third round TKO in a wild fight. So yeah, I’m liking the sound of this. I know Medic likes a scrap and it sounds like this Orolbai bloke is cut from the same cloth. I’m sold.

IMG-1514.jpg

Jonathan Pearce vs Joanderson Brito is perfectly fine Fight Night filler. Not bad at all. Pearce is on a decent little run at the moment. 14-4, 11 finishes and on a 5 fight win streak. Some alright wins in there as well over the likes of Christian Rodriguez, Makwan Amirkhani and Darren Elkins. Not world beaters but solid enough. Beat an up and comer in Rodriguez and a tough, gritty veteran in Elkins. His last loss was to Joe Lauzon up at 155 back in 2019, since dropping to 145 he’s been doing nothing but win. I don’t see him going much further but we’ll find out soon enough. I like Brito. Of course I do, he’s Chute Boxe affiliated. Exciting fighter from what I’ve seen. He’s Brazilian, 28 years old and 15-3-1 with 13 finishes. Aside from a points loss against Bill Algeo in his UFC debut, he’s been on a good little streak. He’s scored 3 straight first round stoppages in his last 3 fights over Andre Fili, Lucas Alexander and Westin Wilson. He’s fun. I’d like to see him win this myself but it’s a tough fight for both on paper. Both on good form, both will be coming in confident.

IMG-1515.jpg

Chad Anheliger vs Jose Johnson. Dunno. Have seen very little of both and not a lot sticks out in the memory. Not a lot good anyway. Anheliger’s Canadian, 12-6 with 10 finishes. Hasn’t fought in over a year and even then it was a decision loss to Alateng Heili. Johnson’s 15-8 with 10 finishes and had a disastrous UFC debut back in August. He was on the wrong end of a twister submission against Da’Mon Blackshear. Only the third ever twister finish in UFC history and you know it’s gonna be replayed on highlight reels forever. Not the ideal way to debut on the big stage. This is his chance for a bit of redemption.

IMG-5549.jpg

Christian Leroy Duncan vs Denis Tiuliulin has been thrown together last minute. It was supposed to be Duncan against UFC newcomer and former GLORY Kickboxer Cesar Almeida but he’s out. Tiuliulin steps in on just a few days notice. Not sure what to expect out of this. Duncan made his UFC debut on the London show in March and I remember there being a bit of buzz around his signing. He was coming in as an unbeaten Cage Warriors champion and was known for his striking. It hasn’t been the best of starts though. His debut against Dusko Todorovic ended in anticlimax when Todorovic suffered a knee injury 2 minutes into the fight. It went down as a win for CLD regardless but far from an ideal debut. Then in June, he tasted defeat for the first time, dropping a decision to Armen Petrosyan. It was a really frustrating fight to watch as well. Reminded me a bit of one of MVP’s ‘off nights’ in that he didn’t seem to have much urgency about him and his flashy stuff all seemed to miss the mark. Tiuliulin is 35 years old, 10-8-0-1 and coming off back-to-back first round stoppage losses against Jun Yong Park and Gregory Rodrigues. He’s not much good from what I’ve seen. Him jumping in here seems like an attempt to score some brownie points with the UFC brass. Hopefully there’s better come from CLD here than we’ve seen out of him so far.

IMG-3647.jpg

Mick Parkin vs Caio Machado. Heavyweight goodness. To be fair, this might be worth a look. Parkin’s from London, undefeated at 7-0 with 6 finishes and won his UFC debut against Jamal Pogues on the Aspinall vs Tybura undercard in July. It was the first time he’d gone the distance and I remember him looking fairly good in that fight, although not exactly spectacular. I remember people talking him up after but, I don’t know, I wasn’t blown away. He’s only 28 though, a baby by Heavyweight standards, so we’ll see how he does as he progresses. Never seen this Machado bloke. Apparently he’s Canadian, 29 years old and 8-1-1 with 6 stoppages. Won a decision on DWCS back in August.

IMG-4901.jpg

Lucas Alexander vs Jeka Saragih. Again, dunno. Alexander was supposed to fight David Onama on the São Paulo card recently but Onama fell out. And Saragih was meant to face Jesse Butler on this card but that went tits up. So here we are. Alexander is Brazilian, 28 years old and has an 8-3 record. He got subbed in his UFC debut by Joanderson Brito but bounced back and put a bit of a beating on Steven Peterson in his last fight in March. I remember him looking pretty good in that one but Peterson retired straight after so I don’t know how much we can rate Alexander’s performance. Saragih’s Indonesian, also 28 and has a record of 13-3 with 12 finishes. He last fought in February when he made his Octagon debut as part of that ‘Road To UFC’ thing but he got stopped by India’s Anshul Jubli in the Lightweight final. He was on a 5 fight win streak before that though, and had knocked out his last 3 opponents.

IMG-3645.jpg

Lucie Pudilova vs Ailin Perez is nothing. Nowt to get excited about here. Pudilova’s Czech, 29 years old and has a record of 14-8. She had a fucking awful stint in the UFC a few years ago and was let go in 2020 off the back off a rotten 4 fight losing skid. She went away and racked up some wins in the Oktagon promotion and was rehired by the UFC, returned and stopped Wu Yanan. Then lost a split decision against Joselyne Edwards in April. As for Perez…

image.gif.ff09bafd30c415395819e3c893737553.gif

IMG-3637.jpg

🤣

Highlights from her last fight against Ashlee Evans-Smith in July. Literally that’s all that fight was remembered for or talked about. I’ve said it before, shaking her arse is Ailin Perez’s version of the Ultimate Warrior shaking the ropes. Once it’s done, her performance has peaked. It’s all downhill from there. She’s Argentinian, 29 years old and 8-2. Lost to Steph ‘Ham &’ Egger in her UFC debut then beat Evans-Smith. If you like bad MMA and wobbly buttocks, this is the fight for you.

IMG-3643.jpg

Nikolas Motta vs Trey Ogden. Whatever. Pretty much everything I remember about these two is of them getting chinned. Motta’s 13-5 with 9 knockouts but all I remember is him getting waffled by Jim Miller, pulling out of a fight with a horrific cut and then getting slept by a brutal elbow KO in his last fight. I don’t recall any of his wins. And Ogden’s 16-6 with 11 submissions but I only remember him getting kicked about by Ignacio Bahamondes for 15 minutes in his last fight. Hopefully this is better than I’m making it sound and one of them gives us something positive to remember them for. 

IMG-1535.jpg

Charles Johnson vs Rafael Estevam. It’s alright. Johnson’s coming off a couple of decision losses to Ode Osbourne and Cody Durden but battered Jimmy Flick before that and has wins over Zhalgas Zhumagulov and Carlos Mota. He also went the distance with Muhammad Mokaev last year. He’s decent enough and with the right opponent there’s good fights to be had. Maybe Estevam will be that guy. Never seen him fight but he’s 27 years old and undefeated at 11-0 with 7 finishes. He’s fought in Shooto Brazil, LFA and won by TKO on DWCS in September 2022. He was supposed to make his UFC debut against ol’ Zhalgas in May but failed to weigh in so it got scratched. Hopefully none of that here.

Back to the Apex we go…

IMG_7253.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Couple of changes. Because it wouldn’t be fight week without some. I’ve updated the opening post but…

• UFC newcomer and former GLORY Kickboxer Cesar Almeida is out. Denis Tiuliulin steps in to fight Christian Leroy Duncan.

• Jonny Parsons is out of my ‘one to watch’ against Uros Medic. Replacing him is debuting Myktybek Orolbai. He’s a Team Alpha Male fighter who just did this on a LFA show a couple of weeks ago…

IMB_Luv6In.gif

IMB_TnwWBg.gif

• Paid Members

It only just twigged to me who Payton Talbott is. I saw his fight on Contender Series last season. He comes in with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, from what I remember he frowns upon anything that doesn't involve standing and having a bit of a slugfest. He's definitely got something about him.

I didn’t see the prelims but the main card was rather enjoyable but not overly spectacular. 

In hindsight I shouldn’t have backed Craig in the poll, he looked a bit out of his depth there. I thought Allen handled him well and and was alert to the ground game and submissions. I like Craig but he really has some holes in his game and it’s so obvious he’s just looking for the submissions. 

• Paid Members

Way late getting to this but I watched most of this in bits and pieces this week. Just had too much going on.

Brendan Allen vs Paul Craig was a fun one. Like I said in the opening post, this card got heavily criticised but I was always fine with this fight itself. In the end though, it turned out to be a bit of a showcase for Allen.

image.gif.ccce1b2727dac6130ebfcdacfd2d46af.gif

There were some nice grappling exchanges in the first round and that mad little sequence where they were both battling for leg locks was ace. But aside from that, it was pretty much one way traffic for Allen. I like Craig but the problem with him has been he relies almost solely on his submissions to get him out of trouble. It’s worked for him a bunch of times but when he’s in with someone who’s good enough on the ground to hang with him, or get the better of him there, he’s out of ideas. Allen was never gonna be an easy guy to catch in a submission and I felt like he had the advantage on the feet. So it was always a tough matchup for Craig. Shame his Middleweight fresh start has been cut off at the knees already but this was a nice win for Allen.

I like watching Allen, have done for a few years now, but I just don’t see him going much further than this. I just think there’s a level just above this where he’s gonna plateau. But looking at the rankings, he’s at #8 now and I don’t think it’s outrageous to give him a good chance against guys like Vettori, Cannonier, Dolidze etc. And they’re all currently above him. He’s on about having a #1 contenders fight at UFC 300 next. Not sure he’ll get that but he’s earned something biggish. Gotta be Vettori or Cannonier, I think. There’s Whittaker as well but I’m seeing a bit of talk of that Whittaker vs Usman fight being in the works and I hope that’s true.

Was a bit underwhelmed by the Michael Morales vs Jake Matthews co-main. And a bit underwhelmed by Morales in general really. At 23 years old and with the physical gifts he has, time is on his side and he’s still got a lot of potential. Watching his last couple of fights though, it feels like something isn’t quite clicking yet. Seems like one of those guys who’s either gonna fizzle out and never quite meet his potential or at some point it’s all just gonna fall into place and he’ll go on a tear. Not sure which way it’s gonna go with him. Still, another win for him and more rounds and experience in the bank, which can only benefit him. Definitely worth keeping tabs on but it might be a slow burn with him, I reckon.

Nice to see Chase Hooper get a decisive win. Thought him and Jordan Leavitt would make for a competitive, fairly evenly matched fight but Chase goes and subs him in 3 minutes. Really fun grappling in the short time it lasted. Exactly what you’d wanna see out of these two. Fair play to Chase. I’ve been a bit down on him but this was his move back up to 155 and he looked good. Looked better to me than he ever did at 145. Still don’t see him going too far but at least maybe he’s finally found his weight class.

Quite like Payton Talbott on first impressions. Not sure he’s the mega prospect I’ve seen some say he is. He was struggling a bit in the first round here and I thought Aguirre highlighted some weaknesses that I can see better opposition exploiting in the not to distant future. But if nothing else, Talbott is gonna be fun to watch.

image.gif.ecd3cf6ddb67845c5f2ac1daf8c00989.gif

And there were encouraging signs. Despite the shaky first round, he battled through, didn’t get disheartened, outlasted Aguirre and came through with the finish in the third. Good stuff. Yet another exciting addition to the stupidly deep Bantamweight division.

Happy to see Amanda Ribas back in the win column. Wasn’t a pretty fight technically and Ribas takes way too much punishment for my liking but it was a fun scrap to watch. Had Pinheiro winning the first round and Ribas winning the second. Then Ribas just set about her in the third…

image.gif.1a75fe2e1f0311a84434c4fa6ab5959b.gif

Have it! Seemed like Ribas just out-toughed her in the end. Definitely feel like Strawweight is a better division for her and, for all her shortcomings, she always goes for it. But her ceiling was hit a while back and that’s that. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get Ribas vs Dern 2 next. You know the matchmakers have a hard on for rematches. And Dern.

Myktybek Orolbai looked impressive in his UFC debut. Stepped in on short notice but had just fought a few weeks ago so the timing fell nice for him to jump in here while he was still in shape. Still, he took the fight on less than a week’s notice so he had zero time to prepare for Uros Medic specifically and vice versa. Orolbai looks like he might be a bit of a handful though. He’s got some power in his strikes as seen in the gif in the opening post, but he never had to use that here. Medic had no answers for the wrestling.

image.gif.b6ae6ec48a68fff35bfecc586226a1f3.gif

Christ 😬

Finish was brutal. Looked like Orolbai was legitimately trying to twist Medic’s head off his neck. Reminded me of when Demian Maia tried to unscrew Rick Story’s head like a bottle top with a similar crank years ago. Apparently he’s dropping back to 155 next. Assuming he’s got the weight cut down, seeing how dominant he looked at 170 here, he could be an issue at 155. Way early to be talking about these matchups but I’m immediately wondering how his grappling would match up with a Tsarukyan or Dariush.

Was happy to see Joanderson Brito get the win over Jonathan Pearce. I’ve never had much of an opinion one way or the other on Pearce but I was rooting for Brito just out of blind Chute Boxe loyalty. So I was happy to see Brito catch him in that ninja choke and finish it. Very satisfying as well after Pearce was talking shit to him on the ground just before that.

Pearce on top: “Get up and do something boy! Get up and do something!”

Brito 30 seconds later:

image.gif.5bfbedd2f0f25e1f46fd2a9b81492ac3.gif

☺️

Happened so fast as well. Seemed like Pearce was settling in and on his way to probably grinding it out but he got complacent and Brito was on the neck quick! Came out of nowhere.

Christian Leroy Duncan finally got his standout Octagon performance. He’s not had the best start in the UFC and this fight didn’t exactly start off at a blistering pace with Duncan mostly clinching against the fence for a lot of it. Think Tiuliulin coming in as a last minute opponent switch might’ve been the reason for that though. CLD turned the heat up big time in the second round though. Picked up the aggression, picked him apart and then when he saw the opportunity…

image.gif.ae23424397827aab46ab62f695d7521c.gif

Nasty stuff. Loved that finishing sequence. Especially the elbows. Beautiful. Hopefully we get to see more of this CLD going forward. Rough break for Tiuliulin though. That’s 3 stoppage losses on the trot now and, at 35, it’s not like he’s really got time to turn things around now. He gambled on himself here jumping in on short notice and it didn’t pay off but I think they’ll give him one more fight for stepping up here. Wouldn’t mind seeing Duncan against that crazy eyed ginger Russian Shara Magomedov next.

Two fights into his UFC run, Mick Parkin isn’t doing it for me. I keep seeing talk of him being one to watch and I know he’s undefeated and fairly young for a Heavyweight…but I’m not feeling it really. He’s fought Jamal Pogues and Caio Machado so far and won both by decision in pretty lacklustre fashion. If he was really someone worth getting excited about, he should be looking more impressive than he has at this level. This was a plodder.

Missed the first couple of prelims and stuck it on during Ailin Perez vs Lucie Pudilova, which was awful. Never expected anything else from it. As some of you will know, I’m all for a bit of bum shaking but I don’t know what was more cringe about this. The fact she was shaking it like she just won the EuroMillions when really she just beat a ham and egger in a shit fight in front of a load of empty chairs. Or the fact she was shaking her arse with her son sat watching…

image.gif.f79ac35a54884129c73943f06bddac85.gif

Bless him. You can literally see the exact moment his innocence got shattered. Poor little get 🤣

Yeah, not much of a show at all but it had its moments. Enjoyed the main event a lot, some nice finishes, couple of fights dragging it down. Bog standard Fight Night really but definitely not the worst we’ve seen out of the Apex.