Favourite stories and matches from the 80’s.

UnitedEmpireEra

To many it was the greatest era of wrestling to many backstage it was known as the swan song to crazy antics and illegal happenings behind closed doors.

To me it was the true era of tragedy in wrestling. 

We had so many hot prospects who later died after making it in whatever promotion they were with at the time from the Adrian Adonis who died at the young age of 34 to the true young prospects in guys like David and Mike Von Erich. 

No matter how hard I search through these promotions, I always miss certain classic matches or backstage heat or antics.

A few matches to get us started but please feel free to post matches by prospects who more than likely would have been major players in wrestling by the early to mid 90s.

https://youtu.be/EK5EV1yB8Ac

https://youtu.be/OWjxESfxu4k

• Paid Members

Ah, just what we need as a refreshing antidote to the MeToo thread… an “antics” thread. Don’t worry, the antics didn’t die in the 80s. Wrestlers and people in wrestling carried on being horrific to each other and to innocent members of the public for decades to come. I’d be surprised if that’s not Vinces defence - “It was only antics, guv.”

Antics.

12 hours ago, air_raid said:

Ah, just what we need as a refreshing antidote to the MeToo thread… an “antics” thread. Don’t worry, the antics didn’t die in the 80s. Wrestlers and people in wrestling carried on being horrific to each other and to innocent members of the public for decades to come. I’d be surprised if that’s not Vinces defence - “It was only antics, guv.”

Antics.

Just what I need  

an airhead replying to everything I say. 

why don’t you skip along and scratch your own balls 

that seems to be more on your intellectual level 

You look like a New Jersey Inbredio

are you sure you are from the uk?

I need proof 

Edited by UnitedEmpireEra

• neil locked this topic