Legalities of air-pistolry?

Surf Digby

• Paid Members

Right, had a quick look and I think the Firearms Act Section 16A applies in this situation.

My Blackstone's books are at work, but I'll try my hardest tomorrow to go through them and get a more resounding answer.

My WhatsApp Group are pretty much all in agreement that we'd have deployed with Firearms to his address to carry out further investigations. I'd say I'm shocked at the outcome you've had, but I'm not.

EDIT: You got a photo of where it hit the fence and if any damage was caused? Could give an example of energy of gun and a further reason for the 'fear' side of things.

Edited by Teedy Kay

• Paid Members

I'm under the watch of Nottinghamshire Police.

When we reported it to the anti-social behaviour team at the housing association, the lady suggested that we play a bit dumb and say that we thought it was a "proper", but it's logged that we know he has an airgun because he tried to turn the entire outdoor space into a firing range for it a couple of years ago. He was promptly told that using airguns in the communal space was a breach of his tenancy agreement, and that was the last we saw of it until this week.

The guy is a grade A cunt, and I don't want to risk him becoming the victim from us making false claims.

We have actually found an air rifle pellet (the traditional shuttlecock shaped type) in the garden, which we've photographed and passed on to Housing.