American Air Conditioning

SuperBacon

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, neil said:

If you're someone who can only sleep with complete silence then going to NYC was a big mistake in the first place.

That reminds me of something I heard about someone going on holiday to Greece. They asked a waiter in a restaurant what they could have that didn't have olive oil in it because they were allergic to olives. The waiter apparently stared at them and said "Why did you come here?"

• Paid Members

I installed my own AC in the bedroom and living room, it's a piece of piss if you do the prep work. I did have to buy a hammer drill to put support brackets in the brickwork on the front of the building, I think it's technically illegal to have unsupported AC over the sidewalk. Other than that, I just closed the window on it, and installed a couple of cupboard tension rods to hold the window shut no matter what.

It's NYC, so occasionally I have to open the window and tip out pints of fetid water, but other than that, the air in here is bliss.