This Weekend's Boxing (Canelo vs. Berlanga (14th Sept)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Yeah its PPV. It's the first one available through UK Prime too, will cost you 20 sheets though.

I think I  might go for a swim in a stream instead. There's boxing on Friday night on Channel 5. Kalle looking to make bank so he can pay his dealer. 

Tank so exciting to watch and the promotion barely non existent

Mind you former sparring partner Frank Martin isn't the sort of name many would like to see Tank in with. 

Oh well. Billam-Smith and Riakphore go to work tomorrow night aswell.

• Paid Members

I’m more looking forward to seeing David Benavidez fight again than anything else, including Tank vs Frank. Love his style. I’ve let my Boxing viewing slip over the last year or so unfortunately, aside from the really big fights. Benavidez is one of my favourites these days though. 

• Paid Members

Well that was a lot of boxing to get through. A few random thoughts in no particular order. 

Ben Whittaker is dogshit. If he wants to dance fuck off and do Strictly. Once you are past that he has no power and is boring to watch. 

Chris Billam-Smith is a tough fighter. I didn't think he'd beat Riakporhe at all let alone so easily. Deserves a big fight to make some decent wedge. 

Fair play to Jack Massey. Out fought Isaac Chamberlain. 

Tank handled Frank with ease. Quality KO. Tank v Loma next please

Liam Paro completely outboxed Subriel Matias. Didn't let him land and Matias had no answer. Even the home judging couldn't get Matias over the line, even some of the worst refereeing I've seen couldn't help him. That ref is a bellend and shouldn't ref again. 

Benavidez just too good for Gvozdyk. Him v one of the big two in that division is a good fight. 

• Paid Members

Interesting to hear that the Aqib Fiaz v Kane Baker fight was pulled from the show because Matchroom were made aware of irregular betting activity on the fight. Heard saying that they looked into it with the Gambling Commission and presented the evidence to the Board of Control. I'll be honest, I'm not shocked it goes on, I am shocked that Hearn was so honest about it.