When did you last enjoy WWE?

LEGIT

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If we're counting NXT, I still enjoy it now. It's by far and away the most exciting project they're working on and to me it has been for a few years now, and probably will be for years to come. Firm proof that they CAN produce great wrestling AND can tell great stories. 

I stopped watching Raw and Smackdown regularly from roughly 2008 onwards. Today I'll still watch the PPVs and I'll always check out the bitesize chunks on YouTube but I only watch the Raw/Smackdown after Wrestlemania in full. 

Absolutely agree on that. NXT offers so much variety and seems to give license to wrestlers to do something different, go on their own.

Raw and Smackdown is so over produced in my opinion, to the point where you can pretty predict next weeks show by this weeks ending.

NXT has a huge advantage that the roster turnover helps avoid keeping the product stale. The first Takeover in May 2014 was headlined by Neville vs Kidd and not a single wrestler on that show is still on NXT TV. Of the Summerslam 2014 card the majority of the wrestlers on that show are likely to be in prominent matches on the same event four years later and only two (Rollins/Rusev) have really changed their gimmick/act even a tiny amount.

Archived