5 * Rubbish

Retroman

It was my misfortune to tune into Freeport's 5* Wrestling from Liverpool last week, unfortunately I can only report that this latest attempt to revive British Wrestling back onto TV was to say at least an embarrassment. I'm no fan of WWE, never have been and never will but what was dished out on Freesport was the equivalent of watching clown cars competing in formula 1, it made Vince McMahons pantomime production seem positively professional.

The venue The Echo Arena I believe was half empty, lacked any atmosphere at all, and was covered in darkness presumable to hide the poor crowd, apart from the ring lights.

The commentary team, were amateurish, reading from script and seemed like they had just been dragged out of a Liverpool pub to earn a few bob.

The matches were long drawn out affairs pittered with numerous botched moves, carried out by sub standard British Wrestlers and supplemented by Ex WWE so called "Superstars" well past their sell by date. 

If this is the way forward for British Wrestling then forget it, I'd rather watch repeats of Saturday afternoon World of Sport Wrestling from way back. When at least there was an element of believability and reliability about it.

Needless to say I avoided watching 5 * latest offering from Newcastle this week  

If you think the likes of Zack Gibson, El Ligero, Dave Mastiff. Jody Fleish and Mark Haskins are "sub standard" you really don't understand wrestling....... 

5 Star hasn't been good so far, but its certainly got nothing to do with the talent of the British wrestlers they are using. The British wrestling scene is the best in world. Don't let 5 stars terrible presentation of it sour you on what's going on elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, chelsea2298 said:

If you think the likes of Zack Gibson, El Ligero, Dave Mastiff. Jody Fleish and Mark Haskins are "sub standard" you really don't understand wrestling....... 

5 Star hasn't been good so far, but its certainly got nothing to do with the talent of the British wrestlers they are using. The British wrestling scene is the best in world. Don't let 5 stars terrible presentation of it sour you on what's going on elsewhere. 

I've been in the US for the past 15 years, watched everything from ECW, CZW, Ring of Honor, IWA Mid-South, so don't lecture me on wrestling. Watch the taping back and count up the number of botches by Jody Fleish, El Ligero etc etc and ask yourself why they aren't plying their trade with a decent US promotiuon

Archived