Football Predictions League Week 36 & Cup R1

Fog Dude

Premier League
Arsenal 1-1 Crystal Palace (Sunday 4pm)
Bournemouth 1-2 Liverpool (Sunday 1:30pm)
Chelsea 1-1 Manchester City (5:30pm)
Everton 2-1 Southampton
Leicester City 1-2 West Ham United (Sunday 1:30pm)
Newcastle United 2-1 Swansea City
West Bromwich Albion 2-1 Watford

Scottish Cup semi-final
Celtic 3-1 Rangers (Sunday noon, at Hampden Park)

German Bundesliga (2:30pm)
Bayer Leverkusen 2-0 Eintracht Frankfurt
Werder Bremen 2-1 Wolfsburg

Not sure why this is being centred but it wont let me change it for some reason!

Premier League
Arsenal 3-0 Crystal Palace (Sunday 4pm)
Bournemouth 1-1 Liverpool (Sunday 1:30pm)
Chelsea 2-1 Manchester City (5:30pm)
Everton 1-1 Southampton
Leicester City 1-1 West Ham United (Sunday 1:30pm)
Newcastle United 1-0 Swansea City
West Bromwich Albion 1-0 Watford

Scottish Cup semi-final
Celtic 2-1 Rangers (Sunday noon, at Hampden Park)

Bayer Leverkusen 2-1 Eintracht Frankfurt
Werder Bremen 1-2 Wolfsburg

• Paid Members

Premier League

Arsenal 3-1 Crystal Palace (Sunday 4pm)

Bournemouth 1-2 Liverpool (Sunday 1:30pm)

Chelsea 1-1 Manchester City (5:30pm)

Everton 2-1 Southampton

Leicester City 1-2 West Ham United (Sunday 1:30pm)

Newcastle United 2-1 Swansea City

West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Watford

Scottish Cup semi-final

Celtic 3-1 Rangers (Sunday noon, at Hampden Park)

Bayer Leverkusen 2-1Eintracht Frankfurt

Werder Bremen 2-1 WolfSberg

Premier League

Arsenal 2 v 1 Crystal Palace (Sunday 4pm)
Bournemouth 1 v 2 Liverpool (Sunday 1:30pm)
Leicester City 1 v 1 West Ham United (Sunday 1:30pm)

Scottish Cup semi-final
Celtic 2 v 1 Rangers (Sunday noon, at Hampden Park)

And you balked at the jinx fixture? Aren't you nice to us  :p

Bournemouth 1-2 Liverpool (Sunday 1:30pm) Trappity trappy trap game

Scottish Cup semi-final

Celtic 5-0 Rangers (Sunday noon, at Hampden Park) Welcome back to the dark days

If you're talking generally: I didn't need to see that pic of Homer strangling Bart yet again, and I don't plan to include any Championship matches for the rest of the season. If you're talking specifically about Brentford as some kind of jinx... haven't you got over the 1997 play-off semi yet?

You did well out of that 'trap game', as did a lot of people, but I can see why you called it that. I agree that a guaranteed minimum of 3 Old Firm clashes next season constitutes a return to 'the dark days', but for their only meeting this term, your guess was way off!

I left in the comment about the likelihood of the Cup semi going to penalties (even though that wasn't actually my pick in the end) in the opening post, along with all the results. The table was also figured out on Sunday evening and uploaded here earlier tonight.

We were backed to a slightly lower-scoring average this time out, with a mean score of 5.5 points among those who actually played. I hope Nana realised he was still allowed to compete in the League competition even though he's been knocked out of the new Cup already.

Then again, none of the current top 3 has made it to the last 8 either. MVP RULZ still leads by 36, but only managed a brace in this round. Bradyisgod22 is the highest-ranked player still in. Joint top scorers ultimo and SNRN10 are obviously both safely through, but worst performer Del is out after a haul of a single point. He's the only participant who backed Rangers to get to the final, but didn't think they'd need a shootout to do it. Zebra Kid Mark is the lowest-placed person still in, after having bigged up his chances in a comment last week.

The two home victories in Germany were mainly good for one point but not three, but the rest of the outcomes were a mixed bag. It's perhaps surprising how few people were caught out by a draw at Leicester, wins on the road for Man City and Watford, and an away reverse for early flip-flop wearers Swansea.

Another score draw a Everton also proved fruitful, but Arsenal's failure to see off Palace at the Emirates almost resulted in a dud - but then Rory had to go and get it spot on!

A new thread with a further set of FPL Cup ties and a set of 10 will be up shortly.

Archived