The Annual Under-Mania Speculation Thread

Psygnosis

Taker v Wyatt - I don't see the point. Do we need to see Taker lose again at WM? No. DO we need to see Wyatt lose? No. I don't like that idea at all.

If it puts Wyatt over, then yes. Wyatt could seriously do with it at the minute actually.

Would be a decent little story if Taker lost at two consecutive Manias, everyone going on about how he's lost it and should retire. He then returns at 32 in Texas for his retirement match and goes out with a win.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are those guys ever going to draw if they're playing second fiddle to has-beens? You see my point, surely?

They have eleven pay-per-views a year that he's not on. That's a fair bit of opportunity to draw money, but WWE's problems are more varied than the likes of Undertaker doing a big match a year.

Wouldn't care less if I never saw him again. He doesn't have the streak anymore, so he doesn't have anything else to offer.

I second this.
I'd rather see him every week doing fuck all than yet another shocking appearance from Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka or Jim Duggan.

Thats the downside to how great the Taker character is, all the mystique is taken away he starts popping up now and again.

Hes had a great career. Put him in the HOF next year in Texas. Have him come out and say goodbye in the ring at Mania 32 and he can walk out of Mania being given a standing ovation without being beat up and sent to the hospital.

• Awards Moderator

Taker v Wyatt - I don't see the point. Do we need to see Taker lose again at WM? No. DO we need to see Wyatt lose? No. I don't like that idea at all.

If it puts Wyatt over, then yes. Wyatt could seriously do with it at the minute actually.

Would be a decent little story if Taker lost at two consecutive Manias, everyone going on about how he's lost it and should retire. He then returns at 32 in Texas for his retirement match and goes out with a win.

Yeah, but then don't you lose the unique appeal of Lesnar being the only one who could beat Taker at Mania? That'll then have an impact on Reigns or whoever beats Lesnar. 'You may have beaten the man who beat the Streak, but fuck, it clearly isn't that big a deal, Bray Wyatt beat Taker at Mania about an hour ago, it can't be that hard'.

If you have Taker back again, I think he's probably got to win. If you have him back for a match anyway. You could always have him turn up after Lesnar's match, hit a Tombstone and scare him out of the company if he's leaving. Then shake the hand of Reigns or whoever, instant endorsement. 'He beat me, you beat him, you're the phenom now, see you next year'.

Archived