Jim Cornette UK Tour DVDs

truthofsin

Personally all these live tours should do this..

When the show is over take names, numbers, money, all fans get a digital recording instantly of the shows they have attended on a specialized usb stick.

simfylive.com does this for audio so what's the problem doing this for video? 

Video's a little more complex than audio in this instance. Audio just involves recording it straight off the sound desk and into your digital receptacle of choice. For video, if you're doing it properly, then you're going to have a two or possibly three camera set up which would need to be edited together and synced with the audio.

It could conceivably be done one of two ways. One is to just have a single camera recording the show. Problem is that this almost inevitably looks terrible and low quality regardless of whether you go for one roving camera or a single hard camera. If people are paying for a video recording then they'll generally want better production values. Also as a promoter if I'm going to be putting video footage of one of my shows out there then I want to it look as good as possible.

The other way is to have a multi-camera setup with an editor essentially editing the shots together as if it was a live broadcast. This would cost far more in terms of technology and skill hire than it could hope to recoup. It would also be a major ballache and one more thing to go wrong when you've got more than enough to worry about already on the day of a show.

All in all it's probably easier to just pay attention during the show and try to remember as much of it as possible.  

• Paid Members

Sorry, had a bout of indegestion earlier, I lost focus I am sorry.

What about a "LIVE" feed then recorded with the said "set-up", or a single camera fed onto a system?, then to usb's?.

Technology baffles me, I won't ramble on about it tonite it's too late. 

The expense would be prohibitive. And you couldn't transfer the end product to all of those USB drives fast enough to give to people by the end of the show.

Just to update, i have now received an email from the WTTV folks saying they now have the DVDs in their possesion and will be sending them out early this week. So we will see. Also had a nice email from Jim himself about the issue, and he has forwarded my issue on to Alex Shane himself. While i get issues happen, things shouldn't take this long when the discs are complete and have already been distributed. Not a great experience as a full time customer.

What happened with the "wolfpac" fiasco, where are the DVD's?

Still in the packaging at ASDA waiting to be used. Everyone got taken for a ride on that Wolfpac tour

LOL I don't use cheap n nasty Asda DVDR'S.

So nothing was filmed? was a bit of "photoshop" and paypal and whatever else. 

Or pay us more money for us to talk more, fund our hotel stay/food else we no-show and go home? 

The cluster fuck the tour became is well documented and there's a huge thread on here somewhere about it. I think i get accused of being involved in the conspiracy in that too despite me being a punter just liek any other, fun read! In regards to whether or not anything was filmed, i can't commenton other shows, but the Manchester one i attended was filmed for sure. So the footage does exist somewhere, but it is likely in the possesion of one of the idiots behind the tour and will never see the light of day. Not that anyone with half a brain (Psyco Sid) would given them any money anyway. As for the talent involved, not a bad word to say against any of them, they seemed as unimpressed as anyone for the most part with how things went down.

I'm sure most of these guys start off with good intentions, but you'd not rely on them to organise a piss up in a brewery in most cases. Enthusiasm etc doesn't equal good organisation of what should really be a fairly straight forward transaction.

Archived