Insane Championship Wrestling

Black Flag

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there's been a thread on here for an ICW show since their last one in London, and they deserve a lot more attention than that as one of the best promotions in the UK at the moment and still growing.

The last show in Newcastle was an absolute belter, this lad puts it in better (and more Scottish) words than I ever could.

Anyway, onto the next show:

Event Page

I find it absolutely ahem... "insane" that there isn't more talk about the promotion on here, especially with the BBC documentary and how easy it is to follow thanks to the weekly YouTube show "ICW Worldwide".

So, who here is an ICW fan? What shows are you looking forward to?

I'll be heading along to the ABC show this month. Not much announced, but what HAS been announced looks excellent. Jack Gallagher vs. Joe Coffey is going to be a terrific technical match, and I'd imagine Kid Fite vs. Liam Thomson will provide a terrific example of the brawling side as well.

• Paid Members

I felt like I got the ICW experience from the last London show, but no driving reason to go again this soon. If they run every two months down here, I might go twice a year, which puts PCW which is 5 hours from me above it in my personal pecking order, let alone regular south-east promotions like PROGRESS, Rev Pro etc

It's always hard to judge how well ICW does in areas that aren't Glasgow because they have so many loyal fans that will travel. I'd wager the Edinburgh shows I've been to have been at least 50% Glaswegians, higher for the smaller shows.

Just an observation, something I've noticed - there are some really fanatical Scottish fans who are fiercely loyal to promotions and certain wrestlers and are willing to travel to see them perform. I remember the infamous match between AJ Styles vs Lionheart in PCW back on March 1st, and there was a huge number of Scots at that show, cheering Lionheart on. They came to see the show, but specifically Lionheart in his big match.

Just an observation, something I've noticed - there are some really fanatical Scottish fans who are fiercely loyal to promotions and certain wrestlers and are willing to travel to see them perform. I remember the infamous match between AJ Styles vs Lionheart in PCW back on March 1st, and there was a huge number of Scots at that show, cheering Lionheart on. They came to see the show, but specifically Lionheart in his big match.

To be fair, a lot of Scottish folk travel to PCW purely to see PCW. I've done so myself in the past. It's a cheap and easy journey to make.

To be fair, a lot of Scottish folk travel to PCW purely to see PCW. I've done so myself in the past. It's a cheap and easy journey to make.

Of course, I've met lots of Scots at the shows. I just thought there were noticably a lot more for the Lionheart match.

I meant all of this as a compliment to the Scottish fans.

Aye it seemed to me like atleast half the crowd in Newcastle was made up of loyal as fuck Scots that got the megabus down.

Final card for this Sunday in London:

Falls Count Anywhere

Jack Jester & Jimmy Havoc Vs. Chris Renfrew & Dickie Divers

ICW Tag Team Championship

Stevey Boy & Greg Burridge Vs. The London Riots

ICW Zero-G Championship

Mark Coffey Vs. Kenny Williams

Grado Vs. Sha Samuels

B.T. Gunn Vs. Wolfgang

Joe Coffey Vs. Noam Dar

Damo Vs. Darkside

Looks like a belter, the only things really missing for me are Joe Hendry and Davey Boy, but his absence has been explained brilliantly on the ICW facebook page, and Greg Burridge is a class replacement anyway.

"Several days ago The Wee Man informed us that his cousin and one half of the current ICW Tag Team Champions, Davey Boy suffered a serious injury to his knee when two men wearing ski masks attacked him walking home from a nightclub in Glasgow city center. At this time no one knows who is responsible for the attack and sadly Davey will not be competing this Sunday at the O2 Academy Islington. He will have further test on July 16th and we will find out more about the seriousness of his injuries at that time.

HOWEVER! Wee Man also told us that his cousin Davey Boy had phoned his cousin Stevey Boy who in turn phoned his big cousin from London to see if he would have his back on July 13th......"

It's hard to guess with such a loaded card, but I've got the Falls Count Anywhere match in mind for MOTN. I was thinking Havoc might turn on Jester, but after this typically brilliant promo from Chris Renfrew, I'm not too sure, but it's gonna be mental either way.

Archived