wXw 16 Carat Gold 2013

lightningxlock

Alan, you're making me sooooo jealous right now. Cannot wait to get the DVDs! Well I was wrong about Zack, but i'm super happy they gave it to Tommy. He's such an underrated talent and he's improved infinitely in his in-ring work and his physique.

Feel bad for Ricochet. Absolutely reprehensible. Poor dude.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like has been said, this night was completly amazing. Luchadors v Chuckochet was the MOTN and Match Of The Weekend for me, tag team wrestling at its best. Loved Zack/End and Yuji/Bones as single matches, both quality hard hitting matches but felt different. The tag title match was a great tale of small guys fighting the odds against larger opponents. Cant stop smiling about the quality of the shows.

The whole weekends been amazing, have had a blast and have found many new wrestlers to watch more of :D

Those last 4 matches were amazing, never thought I would see a Super Crazy balcony moonsault live let alone be just 2 foot away from it. For me the main event was MOTN and the best of the weekend with Zack as the weekends MVP, It felt like the last few times I saw him he was on auto pilot but he really seemed focused this weekend and brought the fire and intensity of old.

Those last 4 matches were amazing, never thought I would see a Super Crazy balcony moonsault live let alone be just 2 foot away from it. For me the main event was MOTN and the best of the weekend with Zack as the weekends MVP, It felt like the last few times I saw him he was on auto pilot but he really seemed focused this weekend and brought the fire and intensity of old.

• Paid Members
If Gresham was a foot taller he would be the best in the world right now, his size is the only thing holding him back in my opinion, the guy is so so talented its a shame he had to come to europe for that to be appreciated but i suppose its good for us fans.

Could not agree with this more !

Pretty much everything that has already been said doesn't need to be said again. This was an utterly fantastic weekend of wrestling with a cracking roster of talent and though I was stunned with the result in the final, Tommy is an incredibly deserving wrestler. He's right up there with the best in Europe whether in singles or tag action and after what he said to me on Saturday after the Dojo session, there's definitely something to look forward to in the next few months. The last few matches on Sunday were amazing. Some great tag matches and fantastic singles matches. Bones looked to have messed his eye up a bit after the show, so hopefully that isn't too serious.

Brilliant weekend. Wrestling was fantastic and the extra stuff wXw put on for the fans was brilliant. A really good Q&A (with Ricochet telling some cracking stories about Rich Swann) and a fascinating insight into the Westside Dojo which has only increased the level of respect I have for wrestlers. Super Crazy and Ricky Marvin teaming up on the referee during the football was brilliant too. They're cracking players!

Now, I just need to get my ticket for the Hamburg show next month! Bring on 2014.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/l7o63o

Hey folks, I'm starting a fund to help out @KingRicochet who had $1600 stolen from him in Germany this weekend. He lost his payoffs for both the Dragon Gate UK shows and 16 Carat, plus a whole lot of merch sales. As I'm sure we'll all agree, this sucks, but it really sucks when it's a nice humble guy like Ricochet who works so hard and literally risks his life to entertain us.

If you're a Ricochet fan and have appreciated his work over the years, then maybe you'd like to help him make back some of the money he lost. I've set up a paypal account for anyone who wants to chip in a few bucks. I have no idea what to expect as far as what donations might come in but obviously if the total reaches the $1600 mark we will close off the account from receiving any more money.

The paypal is ricochetfund@gmail.com

If you don't fancy donating but wanna support the clause, please give a retweet or plug this in any outlet you can. It'd be really appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers,

Alan

Well done Alan for getting the money raised so quickly!

LDR's vs Gargano/Devitt announced for wXw's next big show in April. JAAAAAAAAAAAAYSUS~!

I saw that the other day. Fantastic match which will no doubt live up to ridiculously high expectations, and Kevin Steen will be on the show too. Those two things alone might be enough to get me to part money for a train, hotel for the night and a ticket for the show...maybe. I might hold off a bit and see how the card unfolds for the Hamburg show the week before though, since I suspect the costs will quickly add up for a one night visit about 400km away.

Archived