wXw 16 Carat Gold 2013

lightningxlock

Judging on how the crowd reacted to ZSJ and how he was positioned being the underdog, it wouldn't be a surprise. Otherwise I'd go with Tommy End. I'll comment more about the show in the morning, cracking start to the weekend though :D

How was the Tommy End match ?

very good. They clicked well for two dudes unfamiliar with each other.

The whole show was awesome!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was probably the best first night I have seen at the 3 carats I have been to, every match was at least good even Karsten Beck who I usually think is the shits. End kicking Ricochet to the floor from the top rope was a scary moment in what was probably the MOTN with the main event a vey close second, an End Vs ZSJ final would be amazing as the Semi Final they had last year was awesome.

Agree with those two matches being the two stand out ones. Riccochet is so charasmitic and End came across as an arse. Main event was amazingly smooth technical wrestling throughout with a great story being told of the plucky underdog. ECW memories were brought back with Super Crazy and Masada, which although sloppy at times, was entertaining as hell. Marvin and Gresham had a match that slowly built with a cracking final few minutes.

If Gresham was a foot taller he would be the best in the world right now, his size is the only thing holding him back in my opinion, the guy is so so talented its a shame he had to come to europe for that to be appreciated but i suppose its good for us fans.

Again, WXW produced another great show, so many good things on the show. Every 16 carat game was great and leads well into the semi's. Marvin again had a good showing showcasing an amazing rope assisted piledriver. A 6 Man tag showcased some of the lower tier wrestlers. A heavyweight 4 way went all around the ringside and was hard hitting as hell. Hot n Spicy V Ricochet and Chucky T was off the hook, amazing wrestling. It combined comedy, fast pased tags, high impact moves and striking. Finally Van Walter and Axeman tore it up, brawling all over the arena. Axeman bleed, got battered and still continued the fight.

One hell of a night and still one more to go.

Night 2:

Shinobu def Eddie Kingston

Ricky Marvin def Jay Skillet

ZSJ def Robert Dreissker

Karsten Beck def Super Crazy

Bad Bones def MASADA, Michael Dante & Yuji Okabayashi in a 4 Way

Tommy End def Jonathan Gresham

Chuck Taylor & Ricochet def Hot n Spicy

Axeman def Big Van Walter

Tomorrow is ZSJ vs Beck and Shinobu vs End. Looks like we're getting that Zack-End final ;)

According to his facebook Ricochet had his wallet stolen at a bar last night and is $1,600 out of pocket. Ouch!

this is true. He lost his DG-UK and 16 Carat payoffs, plus more. I'm working on something to help him. For all he's done recently, he doesn't deserve this. Gonna do what I can to make it right.

As for the show tonight, it was INCREDIBLE. The last four matches (Bones v Yuji, RockSkillet v Walter/Dreissker, Luchadors v Chuckochet and Zack v Tommy) were all awesome. Tommy/Zack may be many people's MOTY. It's definitely mine so far. Super Crazy did a balcony moonsault which the place erupted for, Gresham German Suplexed Walter (and held the fucking bridge!) and yeah too much other cool stuff to list. BUY THIS DVD!

Archived