wXw 16 Carat Gold 2013

lightningxlock

Not really sure if i'm going to be at this but after attending the last 3, I can safely say it's 3 of the best nights you're gonna' see in European wrestling. I know afew other lads off here attend so here's how it's shaping up:

Tournament

1. MASADA (Waco, TX, USA)

2. Jonathan Gresham (Atlanta, GA, USA)

3. Winner of Road to 16 Carat Gold League

4. Bad Bones (Oberhausen, D)

5. Karsten Beck (Wesel, D)

6. Super Crazy (Tulacingo, MEX)

7. Tommy End (Amsterdam, NL)

8. Yuji Okabayashi (Nankoku, JAP)

9. Zack Sabre Jr(Isle of Sheppey, UK)

10. Chuck Taylor (Murray, KY, USA)

11. Shinobu (Miyagi, JAP)

12. Ricky Marvin (Veracruz, MEX)

13. Johnny Moss (Egremont, UK)

14. Eddie Kingston (Yonkers, NY, USA)

15. Paul Tracey (The Manor, IRL)

16. Ricochet (St. Louis, USA)

Plus on Night 2 you have: wXw Unified World Wrestling Championship Axel 'Axeman' Tischer vs Big Van Walter

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A thread for keeping up to date on everything for this weekend would be pretty useful. I had no idea we already had half of the participants announced for the weekend!

I'll be making the four hour train journey from Hamburg down to Oberhausen for the weekend (ridiculous...it takes me longer to get there from within the damn country than it does for someone to fly out from England) and my brother is going to fly out to spend some time with me and check out some wXw too. I had my first taste of wXw during their weekender with CZW last month and really enjoyed what their roster had to offer. Bought our tickets, sorted out trains from Hamburg and got the hotel booked. If you're planning on going, I'd highly recommend getting a place to stay sorted out soonish since a couple of the more popular hotels are already filling up quickly.

I'm hoping Chuck Taylor gets added since I believe he's booked to do some training seminars around this time and possibly a couple of shows too. No doubt we'll see a Brit or two added into the tournament and while there are a couple of regulars like Moss, Havoc and Scurll, I'd love to see someone like Ligero get a chance to see how he fares in a slightly different environment. Felix, if you're reading...! ;)

I wont actually be going this year after going and loving it the last 2 years, much to my disapointment but alot of other things have come up (wrestling wise, TNA, Progress, PCW, Rev Pro, UFC & Dragon Gate in the month or so leading up to it) and even though I know the trip would be worth every penny I just can't really spend it at the moment.

I would strongly recommend that anyone who can, make the trip to this! It is the best wrestling weekend and tournament in the world (outside of Japan anyway), right up there with my wrestlemania experiences.

• Paid Members

A thread for keeping up to date on everything for this weekend would be pretty useful. I had no idea we already had half of the participants announced for the weekend!I'll be making the four hour train journey from Hamburg down to Oberhausen for the weekend (ridiculous...it takes me longer to get there from within the damn country than it does for someone to fly out from England) and my brother is going to fly out to spend some time with me and check out some wXw too. I had my first taste of wXw during their weekender with CZW last month and really enjoyed what their roster had to offer. Bought our tickets, sorted out trains from Hamburg and got the hotel booked. If you're planning on going, I'd highly recommend getting a place to stay sorted out soonish since a couple of the more popular hotels are already filling up quickly.I'm hoping Chuck Taylor gets added since I believe he's booked to do some training seminars around this time and possibly a couple of shows too. No doubt we'll see a Brit or two added into the tournament and while there are a couple of regulars like Moss, Havoc and Scurll, I'd love to see someone like Ligero get a chance to see how he fares in a slightly different environment. Felix, if you're reading...! ;)

Felix has told me that he will be watching some Southside DVD's over the holidays so hopefully he will see talent like Ligero , Stixx and Kirby and bring them in later.

It's always baffled me that wXw dont bring the likes of Ligero in. But they do regularly-fairly regularly bring in people like ZSJ, Marty Scurll, Mossy, Jon Ryan, Jimmy Havoc and Noam Dar. Then when you factor in their own talent and all the imports then it's hard to give everybody a chance

I think the reason the likes of Ligs and other top British names don't get a chance is because they generally bring those guys you mentioned every time due to their popularity on top of that they always have a number of other imports so I think there just isn't the space on their roster. Now Ryan is retiring I imagine Dar will become a regular and if Zack moves to Japan permanently and Marty goes to TNA I think you would probably see a couple of fresh names brought over, but I don't think they will ever leave any of those guys at home if they are available in favour of another talent.

Archived