Lockdown Location

simonworden

Just read the impact results for this week as wont get much of a chance to watch and noticed that they have announced Lockdown to be held in the Alamo dome.

This seems pretty far fetched as If I am right this is a football stadium first and foremost. I know they have moveable seating and can surround a basketball court but does anyone think TNA are pushing it in this venue when they struggled to fill a 5000 seater for BFG? Unless I am missing something and there is a smaller part to the place

Just read the impact results for this week as wont get much of a chance to watch and noticed that they have announced Lockdown to be held in the Alamo dome.

This seems pretty far fetched as If I am right this is a football stadium first and foremost. I know they have moveable seating and can surround a basketball court but does anyone think TNA are pushing it in this venue when they struggled to fill a 5000 seater for BFG? Unless I am missing something and there is a smaller part to the place

They struggled to fill Bound for Glory?

Thought attendance was good, extra tickets went on sale too. The last two shows (Slammi/B4G) have done well for TNA on the road.

They struggled to fill Bound for Glory?

Thought attendance was good, extra tickets went on sale too. The last two shows (Slammi/B4G) have done well for TNA on the road.

I have heard 2500-3000 paid for BFG, which is only just after half full, I would call that struglling

It looks like an awesome venue for TV from the pics of the boxing.

With Lockdown being on 10th March next year and the Impact tapings in Manchester/London, it looks like Against All Odds is definitely canned. Maybe 2013 is going to see a PPV every other month?

• Paid Members
This seems pretty far fetched as If I am right this is a football stadium first and foremost.

It looks like an awesome venue for TV from the pics of the boxing.

These posts really do read as if you kids don't remember Rumble '97.

It's a terrible move for me, given the cost of renting such a stadium compared to how many tickets they'd sell I can't imagine there would be a particularly high profit margin, if any. Plus the amount of empty seats would look crap on TV. This is akin to Bangor Town FC having a match at the Camp Nou.

• Paid Members
Lockdown isn't going to be in the 65,000 seater football stadium, it's a theatre with a top capacity of 11,000.

That makes sense. None of the other posts in the thread made this clear. Should have clicked the link to the Minor news thread, assumed it was the usual snide "this should go in here, NYYYAR" type affair.

I think it'll look fucking ace. In terms of capacity running that venue seems no stranger than booking the MEN or NIA.

• Paid Members

As this thread's got going a bit, I'll repost what I put in the minor news thread

Here's a shit, tiny picture of the Illusions Theater set up for boxing:

IllusionsTheatre.jpg

And another, much better one, looking away from the stage. I'm thinking ECW-Hammerstein-style hard camera above the entranceway:

Alamodome-Fight-Night-2.jpg

EDIT: Actually, there's a seating chart that shows up some possible side seating. Looks like it could work with the entranceway on the stage or in the corner:

(link, because it won't work as an image)

The venue looks pretty good. Also, if this is the start of the trend of less pay per views then I am all for that. I watch Impact nearly every week but I miss about half of the pay per views simply through not wanting to sit through the whole three hours of matches with little importance and the fact they are held in the impact zone doesn't make them at all special.

Talking of the impact zone, it's not bugging me as much of late, it's just the pay per views feel a little flat in there when compared to the brilliant Slammiversary and Bound for Glory crowds this year which bought the show more to life than they would have done played out in front of the Orlando crowd.

Archived