Wrestle Midlands: Honor & Glory Friday 16th Nov

And all this for STEVE CORINO. Who the fuck has given a toss about him since ever? At least if it was Hogan you'd have a good story and Hogan's own Gmail account in your address book. No positives whatsoever for this chap. Ace thread though.

I have to agree with this. Butch asked the question earlier in the thread too- why the fuck would a UK promoter pay that sort of money to fly over a guy that might put an extra ten arses in seats. Twenty arses maybe. Just doesn't add up for me.

I suppose it is a sign of how in "indy wrestling" a lot of things are not undertaken based on sound business principles.

It is a good thing for the fans that wish to see the imports, but only sometimes when the show(s) go ahead with the turn in question.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread helped pass the morning a bit. So is the promoter one of these wrestlers that books themselves in the main event of their own show against the import and have themselves go over the import to make them feel like a star as they wouldn't get booked elsewhere?

This whole story is a joke. When being asked for flight details and taking a considerable length of time to do so then making a botched paint job of a flight invoice is ridiculous. It takes a minute to log into your email and open the email containing the flight details would be one of your most recent received emails.

Reading this am I lead to believe that Corino was scheduled to do more than one event? So this would mean a fee would be agreed for all the dates split however many ways and a flight split so many ways? You were in charge of booking the flight and the visa and you didn't do that right or perhaps your own event had a bad presale and you were relying on a good advance ticket sales to pay your own portion of the flight as you didn't have the money in advance yourself so you didn't book it?

If you don't have the money up front to pay the venue the advertising and the wages for the workers then don't run the show.I learnt the hard way one I'll fated attempt at being promoter. Tried once but never again for me.

Archived