Impact Wrestling August 9

pgi86

Not a very eventful show this week, and rightfully so as this was the PPV go-home show, but an enjoyable one nonetheless. Liked the chemistry between RVD and Magnus and would like to see them have a longer match somewhere down the road. Angle and Styles tore it up. Great TV match there. Bully & Storm had a good one too. The other two matches were alright, I guess. No Aces & Eights attack this week but the bikers did a few promos and pretty much promised to take out Bully Ray at the PPV, which is an interesting development considering all the contract negotiations going on right now. God, I hope he isn't leaving. Another thing that caught my attention was the "no rematch" clause for the Aries/Roode match. Looks like Aries is indeed losing the Title... or this is their way of keeping Roode away from the Title for a while. We'll see. Robbie E was amusing, especially him standing on top of that broken table the way he did. And that's all I got for this week.

EDIT - Forgot to mention that hip/dance/sex move Daniels did. That ruled.

Oh, and also make sure you check out the Post Show too. Bully Ray's been nothing but pure class on it and this week was no exception:

It annoyed me how much Robbie E said 'bro'. But his standing on the table thing was pretty cool.

Im hoping it turns out to be Bully Ray as the leader of Aces and 8's, the idea just seems to work in my head.

I'm here on my honeymoon and was at the show last night.

I know people have discussed how over James Storm is or isn't as a main event babyface but when he's not opposite a bigger babyface like Hardy or Angle he seems super-over to me. The crowd loved the promo with him & Bully, and were really into the match too.

Bully spitting in the air and catching it was the most popular spot of the night (all 3 times) with a very loud collective "Urrggghh" being heard each time.

I thought Angle vs AJ was a fantastic match and bought into all 4 (I think) false finishes. It's the first time I've seen Angle wrestle in person since he left WWE and I was cringing at how uncomfortable he looks. Even the way he walks with his shoulders so rigid, maybe he has recovered from the problems he had but he looks like he's struggling to me. Huge laughs from the live crowd when they showed clips of Claire screaming and yelling. It is a bit silly. Brilliant match though.

The crowd were stunned that Aces & Eights didn't come out. People were waiting after the TV portion of the show ended for as long as Bully was in the ring but they never came. I'd like to see how the Magnus vs Robbie E match looks on Xplosion because pretty much everyone left during their entrances (except those who stayed for a photo with RVD afterwards).

Really looking forward to the ppv on Sunday. Even the Hebner angle is interesting now because there is a question mark over whether he will screw Tessmacher or not.

I'm a bit worried that Sunday is the last night we see Bully Ray. Sounds like they are doing an injury angle with him. I hope not.

I was thinking that too Ian, yeah reading stuff on his Twitta Machine Im unsure...

Shakespear time kids. "To stay or not to stay, that is the question". Lets hear YOUR opinion. #BULLYNATION

WOW! Helluva response. Looks 50/50. Let the "boss lady" know how ya feel. Light up her #TwittahMachine like a flamin table.

Crazy amount of response from the #BULLYNATION regarding my future. Decisions, decisions. Hmm...gonna go listen to The Clash.

Hes in the form of his career and he may be leaving :( He could be trolling...

I forgot to mention: my wife, who was watching TNA for the first time ever, said during the final Aces & 8's promo on the show "It's obviously Mr Anderson, he's got the same eyes".

I can't remember if he has been a victim of any of their attacks so far, but I think she might be right.

• Paid Members

Had the same rolls of fat around the neck, too. Sounded like Anderson as well. I know his voice was covered, but even with that Anderson has a certain way of speaking. I've read that a few places as well and it had nothing to do with the eyes, so if the eyes and the voice has people thinking it was him, it probably is. He's wearing the prospect badge, so as much as I hate Mr. Anderson, whoever is speaking in that little hide away isn't the man behind this.

I dont care who it is at the minute as long as they start revealing who at least one of them is. I'm enjoying the storyline, but I can't take much more "who are these masked men" episodes of Impact. Just let us know who the prospects are and then do the higher power angle. Its getting a bit tiresome for me.

And no Anderson hasn't been a victim. Or had anything to do with this angle, so him judging James Storm was a bit odd.

EDIT: Just watched it back, its totally Anderson. Listen to the way he says "tonight". Nobody on the roster pronounces it "toneoit" other than Anderson. He's got a weird delivery at the best of times.

• Paid Members

Thats not the same one is it? A few of them were speaking during the night, including a big fat fuck in a Bane mask.

This is the Anderson one. Different shirt, mask, badges and had short sleeves.

aces2.jpg

The one above does look like Mike Knox. Maybe the first one was Gallows, second was Anderson and third was Knox.

Yeah, the guy that I posted a photo of was the final one of the three that spoke. Definitely not Anderson. Maybe Knox though. The first one was too fat to be Anderson. And this second one, well, don't think it was him either. I mean, look at his eyes. Doesn't look like Anderson to me.

vlcsnap2012081118h05m06.png

And yeah, Wes Brisco's the one on the left in the pic Ian posted. Definitely.

• Paid Members

The guy with the hair could be Compton or Brisco. Both would fit with their current look. I was thinking his eyes looked more like Brisco's, though.

Side note - Joker Sting, Bane voice on the Aces and Eights... someone at TNA's got a proper Nolan hard-on, haven't they?

EDIT: After Googling and comparing, I think it's

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Knox in the top picture and Brisco and Gallows in the second.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Side note - Joker Sting, Bane voice on the Aces and Eights... someone at TNA's got a proper Nolan hard-on, haven't they?

Indeed. That's what I was thinking as well and I first got that vibe a couple of weeks ago when the Aces were tweeting about "There's a storm coming". Hey, good on them. If you're going to be ripping off stuff you might as well take your stuff from one of the hottest movie franchises around and mix it up with one of the hottest TV shows around (Sons of Anarchy).

Archived