Fight Club: Pro - International Tekkers 2012

I'm really disapointed we aren't going to get the LRDS Hunters rematch, it's not often Zack is about so if we don't do it on Friday we might not get another chance for a while. I feel a bit sorry for the Hunters as they don't always get on the show, but they always put on a great match and are very popular with the crowd when they are booked. I know it's harder to book for them as they are the only regular estabished tag team, but after the weekend I think MK and Gresh vs Hunters would be great and you could always bring in LDRS, Second City Collective, Dunne Brothers, etc as guests for one off matches or a 2 or 3 match series. I think Hunters are one of the best tag teams in the UK and would love to see FCP use them as often as they use their other regulars.

Magera vs Mastiff must be likely considering neither has a match so fat and the other regular guys like Spud and Brookes both faced Magera reccently. So that plus Brookes vs Spud or one of his crew would be my guess.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last 'proper' live wrestling event i went to was International Showdown in Coventry a good few years ago. Quite fancy catching a bit of live wrestling action and tempted to drive up from south wales to watch this, 300-ish mile round trip. Im out of the loop so to speak as im a casual wrestling fan so have no idea of the build-ups leading to these matches and stuff. Is there a youtube channel or somewhere i could watch a couple of matches to get up to speed to know who to mark out for like the sad middle aged bastard i am or will it just be a case of following the crowd? I've seen that Johnny Garango in dragon gate usa and he's pretty cool, also enjoyed watching spud years ago (is he still a high flyer?) but not had the pleasure of seeing any of the others in action so just wondering what can i expect.

Still, a fiver for a live wrestling event, thats unbelievable value, im sure it costs more than that to get into some shitty nightclubs around here where the only entertainment is watching the wankers who cant handle their booze get their asses handed to them when they mouth off and try starting something with the wrong person, lol.

• Paid Members
The last 'proper' live wrestling event i went to was International Showdown in Coventry a good few years ago. Quite fancy catching a bit of live wrestling action and tempted to drive up from south wales to watch this, 300-ish mile round trip. Im out of the loop so to speak as im a casual wrestling fan so have no idea of the build-ups leading to these matches and stuff. Is there a youtube channel or somewhere i could watch a couple of matches to get up to speed to know who to mark out for like the sad middle aged bastard i am or will it just be a case of following the crowd? I've seen that Johnny Garango in dragon gate usa and he's pretty cool, also enjoyed watching spud years ago (is he still a high flyer?) but not had the pleasure of seeing any of the others in action so just wondering what can i expect.

Still, a fiver for a live wrestling event, thats unbelievable value, im sure it costs more than that to get into some shitty nightclubs around here where the only entertainment is watching the wankers who cant handle their booze get their asses handed to them when they mouth off and try starting something with the wrong person, lol.

You'll be surprised by Spud as he is now!

If driving each way be aware the shows at FCP start and run late.

Yea, im curious as to what this 'Rock star Spud' moniker is about

Got some red bull to keep me going for the drive if it comes to it, used to drive to northampton and back for motor racing a few years ago so kinda used to driving long distances.

Where can i find a card showing the complete match listings? Dont know if im being blind but i've only see 3 matches listed on the threads here and on the facebook page.

Another dumb question. Does anyone else go to these things on their own? Just wondering cos my mates and my nephew who i used to go with to watch wrestling shows have all gone to Reading festival this weekend son am a bit concerned about being a billy no mates when im up there (must be getting sensitive in my old age, lol)

• Paid Members

Got some red bull to keep me going for the drive if it comes to it, used to drive to northampton and back for motor racing a few years ago so kinda used to driving long distances.

Where can i find a card showing the complete match listings? Dont know if im being blind but i've only see 3 matches listed on the threads here and on the facebook page.

Another dumb question. Does anyone else go to these things on their own? Just wondering cos my mates and my nephew who i used to go with to watch wrestling shows have all gone to Reading festival this weekend son am a bit concerned about being a billy no mates when im up there (must be getting sensitive in my old age, lol)

Quite simply Rockstar Spud is the best character in the business .

Can't wait for the show tonight , a few matches are gonna be of the charts !

Most Fight Club Pro shows are only 4 matches, there are only the 3 you have seen announced so far, but there will definately be at least 1 more match on the card if not 2, that wont be announced till we get there. As Spud, Mastiff, Magera, and Brookes are almost certain to be on the show yet haven't been confirmed in a match yet. We had the LDRS and Hunters on the show last time, but unfortunately neither team appeares to be on the card this month, which is a big shame.

I was suprised too when i first went that they didn't have more matches on a card but don't let that put you off, it's quality over quantity at FCP, there is generally no filler and the matches all go quite long.

Personally I wouldn't worry about going on your own, it's worth it to see the action you will get and it's easy to get talking to people while you are there, I've made a fair few new friends since going to their shows.

But like an earlier post said, be warned the show is likely to start late and run late, I'd guess start sometimes between 8-9 and finish as late as 11-12. So it might be worth looking into a hotel if you have a long drive, The Britannia is very close and very reasonably priced.

If you can make the trip, do it, you wont regret it.

Gargano retained the Open The Freedom Gate Title against Gresham in just over 25 minutes after two Hurts Donuts.

Ryder beat Margera in a No DQ falls count anywhere match after interference from Spud and the debuting T-Bone. Bone one-armed spinebustered Margara onto two side-stacked folding chairs.

Trent 7 beat Davey Richards via a one legged boston crab.

MK and Devitt wrestled to a 30 minute time limit draw in the FCP Championship match.

Was a very good show. Gargano and Gresham went just over 25 minutes, lots of technical wrestling between the two, then worked up to the strikes, the dives, the intricate pinning sequences, followed by the bombs and two Hurts Donuts for Gargano to retain. Davey and Trent had a match consisting of a lot of chops and kicks, submissions and then high impact moves. Felt a bit short personally and didn't match the heights I was expecting. But MK and Devitt stole the show and tore the house down. 30 minutes of absolutely fantastic wrestling between the two and I really hope to see a rematch between the two as Devitt did express a desire to return and praised MK.

Archived