The mental weather thread 2012

Up Chuck

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
There's a road beside me were you need to judge precisely what side of the pavement to walk on as you'll get soaked by cars driving through big puddles. I'm constantly running from one side of the pavement to the other. It's like a human game of Frogger.

costanzafrogger010510.jpg

• Paid Members

I live in Leicester but work in Nottingham, and there was heavy rain in Nottingham, but Leicester got absolutely fooked. Apparently there were hailstones the size of golf balls, and cars have dozens of small dents on their roofs. My mums car has the whole roof done in, and our neighbours have had their windscreen smashed with huge dents on the bonnet.

Thankfully, my car was parked outside my office in Notts and just got a nice impromptu car wash :)

• Paid Members

Feels crazy to use spoiler tags for Seinfeld.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

George's greatest achievement in life is his high score on Frogger, whilst he and Jerry were still at high school in Queens. The pizza parlor with the machine is now closing, and George discovers they still have the score. He buys the machine, and puts together a crack team of idiots that mess up the transfer so that the machine only has a minute or so of power left for George to Frogger his way across the street.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I went to Butlins Bognor Regis on the 11th June. The day the whole of West Sussex was flooded and all the roads into Bognor were closed. 2 1/2 hour journey took over 10 hours. At one point I was an mile outside Bognor Regis, it was another 6 hours before we got in. Not fun with an excited 3 year old in the car.

As it happened once we got there it stayed dry all week. Mental Weather.

Feels crazy to use spoiler tags for Seinfeld.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

George's greatest achievement in life is his high score on Frogger, whilst he and Jerry were still at high school in Queens. The pizza parlor with the machine is now closing, and George discovers they still have the score. He buys the machine, and puts together a crack team of idiots that mess up the transfer so that the machine only has a minute or so of power left for George to Frogger his way across the street.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

It sounds very Arrested Development in style. I need to check Seinfeld out properly.

• Paid Members
I live in Leicester but work in Nottingham, and there was heavy rain in Nottingham, but Leicester got absolutely fooked. Apparently there were hailstones the size of golf balls, and cars have dozens of small dents on their roofs. My mums car has the whole roof done in, and our neighbours have had their windscreen smashed with huge dents on the bonnet.

Thankfully, my car was parked outside my office in Notts and just got a nice impromptu car wash :)

Yep, I live with my folks just outside Leicester and the roof of my dad's car took a beating. He kept some of the hailstones. I might whack a pic up later, they're pretty big.

Archived