Wrestling and the advancement of the internet

A Screen Up

I've thought about that idea before, Eddie.

There aren't enough credible companies out there, in my eyes, who could put out a regular product worthy of paying a subscription. (You'd have no chance of being able to get anywhere near WWE, TNA, NOAH, AAA etc.)

However, if you managed to incorporate it into something like a new-era 'Fight Network' type channel, with wrestling, boxing and MMA shows being aired regularly and a healthy catalogue of 'best of shows', shoot interviews, past events etc then I think that it could have some legs.

In a perfect world, you could have an 'iTunes' for the wrestling world, including the top companies. Individual matches would be purchased and downloaded/streamed just like a single, and a show/DVD would be done in the same manor as an album, for a higher price.

Quite a few promotions already put stuff up online like nwa hollywood put up all their shows. Its good to advertise in hope people will come and watch you live.

Internet for me has killed wrestling. Was better before when majority of people didnt know all the secrets of wrestling and spoilers too. I cant help but look at spoilers. Its an addiction, wish i didnt then i could probuably find wrestling more enjoyable when i watch

Haven't apple already released the apple tv last year? or are they launching something else now?

They've got their version of a legitimate Smart TV in the works. If history is anything to go from, it'll be a game-changer. They've got a little Apple TV box out already that connects to your TV but nothing much else.

Quite a few promotions already put stuff up online like nwa hollywood put up all their shows. Its good to advertise in hope people will come and watch you live.

Internet for me has killed wrestling. Was better before when majority of people didnt know all the secrets of wrestling and spoilers too. I cant help but look at spoilers. Its an addiction, wish i didnt then i could probuably find wrestling more enjoyable when i watch

I find that I enjoy wrestling a lot more if I don't read a lot of the reviews and magazines. It seems that it wasn't simply a coincidence that in the past I enjoyed watching wrestling more when I wasn't reading a lot of the smarky (do people still use that word?) and negative reviews in Power Slam and such, and to a certain extent, wrestling forums. It's not simply the fact that you know the outcome, but also when people are constantly putting things into a bad light that you wouldn't otherwise notice, it detracts from the simple enjoyment.

I don't watch wrestling anywhere near as much as I used to, and most of what I do watch are classic matches and shows, so I come here mainly to keep up with what's going on.

• Paid Members
I find wrestling 100% more enjoyable when I don't read spoilers. Can't remember the last time I read any spoilers before watching a show. Is it really so hard to resist??

I'm pretty much the same. It's a hell of a lot better to experience a shock return if I stayed off the net to avoid reading any hype either. It's really difficult to avoid spoilers if you go on Twitter as much as I do before watching the show/PPV.

Archived