Monday Night Raw Thread, London, 16th April 2012

NEWM

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Something I noticed about Raw. They didn't replay the beating that Jericho gave Punk last week, did they? Do you reckon they think they just went a bit far with that and decided to throttle back a bit on that? It was quite a battering for PG, but they do keep showing him twatting the bottle over Punk's head from the week before that.

Could it be a copyright/trademark issue for whatever beer it was?

Overall I thought Raw was pretty good this week and certainly one of the better episodes held in London.

Punk Vs Henry was good,although I found it a bit strange that Henry didn't get an entrance.The Jericho and Punk bit afterwards was more crap in what seems to be one of the worst ever reasons ever for any two people to feud.The fish and chips chant was the only highlight here.

As much as I enjoy Brodus Clay,Dolph Ziggler should be doing so much more than feuding with Clay and still being lumbered with that waste of space Vickie Guerrero and Jack Swagger,whose haircut becomes more amusing with each show.

Daniel Bryan was terrific as always.He really comes across as a right prick but in such an entertaining fashion.The match with Kofi was pretty good aswell.It's been said many times on here already, but how good is AJ?Bloody fantastic is the answer.The girl can do no wrong.

The Lesnar promo video was fantastic.Lesnar,as if he didn't already,stands as something very different from the rest of the roster.The "piss running down his leg" comment may the best delivered line of the year.Cena's response was top aswell.

Tensai Vs Cena was okay.Far from great but by no means awful.

My major complaint was that Eve wasn't featured enough.Saying that Rosa just about made up for that.

I've really been enjoying Raw for the past couple of weeks,next weeks show being a 3 hour special should be really good aswell.

The tag champs getting murdered shouldn't be a surprise. Why not just switch the title if you have so little faith in the Colons?

What was the atmosphere like live? On TV none of the chants were really audible. Like the "fish and chips" chant, I wouldn't have known what that was if I hadn't read it on here. reactions for Punk and Cena were disappointing too.

Live atmosphere was great. I'm going to back SSJLogan up here that the crowd itself was into the show. Audience itself was very mixed. Very multicultural, a lot of couples. Some groups of women but not that many. Far less kids than I expected. The way you read about PG on here you think its going to be just families. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But it wasn't true. If anything the shows have gotten more mixed. I used to go to all the tours back in the early 90s and the bulk of the crowd would be three audiences (only two of which watched the show): kids, people in their twenties/students who enjoyed watching and dressing up as Hogan/Warrior/Piper/etc. ironic mickeytaking way (or would claim as such), and the parents of kids (interest/knowledge of wrestling might vary) who had either been dragged along or were secretly fans that were pretending to have been dragged along and that was it. In terms of age ranged from kids to older with white hair. Few people were talking about having made the journey from mainland Europe. Only group I didn't see as many of where they seemed to be less of the 'spotty mid-teens in ROH/FWA/CZW shirts' you read about on here which were still very much a fixture at the last WWE show almost a decade ago. Not saying they weren't there but outnumbered by the late twenties to late thirties crew. Pleasantly surprised by the number of people in the 27-45 (without kids) which made me feel a bit younger/more relaxed. I'm guessing a lot of them are WWF fans left over from the Sky Channel days/Hogan Era who were in their twenties back during the Friday Night Wars.

Crowd wasn't as loud as it used to be in those days (noone got close to the pop Davey Boy or LOD would back then) but from speaking to other fans who had been to previous tapings this was apparently one of the best crowds they've had. I was told by someone that they have been at TV tapings where the audience were quiet all night.

Biggest chants were:

1. "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

2. "Let's Go Cena"/

Archived