UK Wrestling.

True.Love.

saw ukw the other night on tv and how embarrassing. no offence meant to the wrestlers there but to a casual fan seeing that will think what a cheap pile of shit compared to the wwe. no wonder british wrestling is never going to rise up when the product on tv is low in quality and with very few people in the crowd.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from what I understand they pay to be on TV, its an easy version of events to believe cos if anyone has sought them out to be on TV theyre nuts, it really is a bad advert for british wrestling, its not an isolate issue but there are certainly far better about

saw ukw the other night on tv and how embarrassing. no offence meant to the wrestlers there but to a casual fan seeing that will think what a cheap pile of shit compared to the wwe. no wonder british wrestling is never going to rise up when the product on tv is low in quality and with very few people in the crowd.

That's why smalltime promotions who only draw eleven people shouldn't aspire to be on television. Very few promotions seem to consider their image and what it might look like to the unbiased observer, luckily times do seem to be changing but promoters need to stop chasing television and utilize the Internet better.

Well, I have been to alot of Premier Promotion shows in Bournemouth and I have never felt disappointed by the standard or quality of the show. I love the rounds system used, the mixture of old school wrestlers (like Steve Grey, Johnny Kidd and Robbie Brookside) and young up and comers and the whole astmosphere of the show. at

Was watching a youtube video of Zack Sabre v Daniel Bryan(I'm pretty sure it's for Triple X,Coventry) it's nice to think you could have seen Daniel Bryan wrestling in the local mens club in town just a few years ago. Part of what makes me love the uk scene.

Past month in London has been great with two really successful shows, this is progress and Britwresfest and I'm sure IPW will be no different. The former two shows used all uk(european) talent apart from the one us import for progress. And i would echo the thoughts that the uk stars have really stepped it up and are getting great reactions.

Are you familiar with the uk guys?

If you are not familiar with the uk scene, this year for a maximum of

• Paid Members
Was watching a youtube video of Zack Sabre v Daniel Bryan(I'm pretty sure it's for Triple X,Coventry) it's nice to think you could have seen Daniel Bryan wrestling in the local mens club in town just a few years ago. Part of what makes me love the uk scene.

Not Triple X at the time, but their sister promotion, AMP, run by the same people and using Triple X's regular venue. And yeah, that was great. Stunning match and in context it seems even more amazing. Especially when you consider that the guy who promoted that show (Quentin on here) was at Wrestlemania this year, and got to see the guy he'd previously booked defend the big gold belt (even though it went down the way it did).

• Paid Members
Did anybody think they would have the oppotunity at this stage to see Hakushi live? with Dick Togo last year got to wonder who they could announce next to top this(Michinoku) ? wow

If you mean who 4FW could announce to top Togo and Hakushi, they've already announced Great Sasuke for their October(?) event.

• Paid Members
- The older days of IPW:UK, which had an 18-month run from 2006-2007 when it was the most perfect wrestling promotion I've ever experienced, then a red-hot run of shows in Bromley in 2008. I mean, these days they are all about the super in-ring product and the spectacular matches, but back then they were all about the characters, the stories and the feuds and it was so much better than it is now.

11-all%20in%20the%20family.jpg

What's the wrestling scene in Scotland like? Am for south west Scotland and am thinking about going to events.

*Waits for the lameness to begin*

tumblr_lxjlubLtHY1rn1xxfo1_100.gif

You already started it.

Nah- my experience tells me that in the four years of frequenting this board, any discussion on ScotWres has descended into some kind of petty point scoring, rather than objective debate.

The one thing I've always wanted to ask UK promoters is how much effort do you put into running storylines and angles on your shows? Is it something that doesn't work well without TV coverage and whats not, as you'd be expecting a mixture of regulars that know the product, internet fans and then casuals?

I think all promoters are completely different. I run nearly forty different towns, so would struggle to do continued storylines at them all, whereas some promotions only run one or two towns, which is more manageable for storylines. Also, its the fanbase, some promotions attract a more adult fanbase, or a 'smarter' fanbase who probably expect storylines. Other promotions like myself target children and families who are not really bothered about intricate storylines, as long as the good guy wins at the end of the night they're happy.

On a personal note with myself, i'm certainly far more a promoter than a booker. My priority with wrestling is taking money on the door and taking more money over the merchandise table. The show is simple, because at the end of the day, wrestling is just cowboys and indians in spandex. Its the simplest form of entertainment, and as i've proven on my shows - keep it simple, keep it entertaining, and they'll come back again and again.

Archived