The boy who murderd his mother

Oliver

So I'm sure many of you will have heard the news report about Daniel Bartlam killing his mother last year when he was just 14.

All I know of his past is that he was troubled by his parents separation and that he got more enthralled in to his fantasy worlds and was an avid horror movie and murder fan since he was 8. It is bizarre to me though that someone would kill just off this! Having read the profiles of killers, there's usually a great deal of rage that stems from abuse and poor treatment in violent people. The exception to this being the case of the psychopath.

Daniel appears to display symptoms of psychopathy in his total lack of remorse. The Nottingham superintendent said he was very convincing in telling his lie of a cover story. Psychopathy, as I understand it, is an absence that one is either born with or develops, or maybe it would be better to say empathy doesn't develop, as a baby (due to a lack of contact with its mother which prevents neural pathways in the brain from developing) so this could be a case where this boy is just a psychopath and his mother's affection and good rearing have been wasted on someone who doesn't have the capacity to receive and repeat it.

Or, do you people think that this boy does have the capacity for empathy, but just got neglected? This would have enabled him to indulge in the fantasies of violence and for that desire to live it out to overlap the love he could have had for his mother. I personally think he is a psychopath, but with the limited details I have I am ready to change my mind.

• Paid Members

I can refer you to some lectures by Robert Green on the subject of Violence in Television in Conjunction with the Dark Forces/Illuminati that most of us on here all know inspire teenagers to commit such acts, if you are interested Oliver?

I can refer you to some lectures by Robert Green on the subject of Violence in Television in Conjunction with the Dark Forces/Illuminati that most of us on here all know inspire teenagers to commit such acts, if you are interested Oliver?

Most of you on here? Seriously? Well, you can go ahead and share a link, but it sounds a bit silly. I find these claims of the media and the governments all colluding and having some secret agenda rather far fetched.

I don't think I've heard of this version of the Illuminati before. I'll look in to it I guess.

• Paid Members

Most of you on here? Seriously? Well, you can go ahead and share a link, but it sounds a bit silly. I find these claims of the media and the governments all colluding and having some secret agenda rather far fetched.

I don't think I've heard of this version of the Illuminati before. I'll look in to it I guess.

It's not a section of the Illuminati but more a sub genre. Several forums online have documented that using the media through the power of television drama, to create a scandal, therefore imposing more laws. There was some speculated talk of micro chipping. How many more incidents like these before that could even be actually possible Oliver. I don't think much.

My university dissertation was on whether there could be any solid link between violence on TV and movies and 'copycat' acts. Studies for decades have looked for it, and it's not there, as there are too many other variables to consider such as social background, family life, school, religion, psychologic issues, IQ and so on. It's impossible to pin it on something like Childs Play 3, Marilyn Manson or Manhunt, despite outcries over the last 20 years.

Which forums? David Ike's forums? Alex Jones's forums? What manipulated scandal has been created by the use of media? People can write all sorts of crap on forums. There has also been documentation of 'chemtrails' and certain preservatives in foods and packaging being produced by the NWO to make people gay. If the forum documentation is rubbish I'm not going to take it seriously.

But if this was the case, how would lad killing his mother advance this micro-chipping agenda?

The only things I can see getting an evaluation and proposal for change would be for the mental health assessing system, which concluded that Daniel wasn't a threat to himself or others.

On another note, this extract from the Telegraph's article:

'Bartlam failed to settle at his new school and in 2010 was referred to a school counsellor following a classroom incident where he became upset and began shouting and screaming at his tie, which he called "Fred", telling fellow pupils that it was "trying to hurt him"'

To be fair, while that is emotionally disturbed behaviour, that itself wouldn't have lead me to think this lad would be killing his mother a year later.

My university dissertation was on whether there could be any solid link between violence on TV and movies and 'copycat' acts. Studies for decades have looked for it, and it's not there, as there are too many other variables to consider such as social background, family life, school, religion, psychological issues, IQ and so on. It's impossible to pin it on something like Childs Play 3, Marilyn Manson or Manhunt, despite outcries over the last 20 years.

Very interesting.

I've read a few books by Carol Anne Davis who has expressed a similar opinion. She suggests that the angry thoughts can very well come first and have the clients drawn to the sentiments expressed in the music or movies.

It may very well be that movies and TV can in instances be an inspiration and imitated. But I think the variables you mentioned would probably give a better account of why was the subject influenced by the violent media? As a result I don't think we should be censoring movies and TV's further but rather I think efforts should be put in to preventing abuse or whatever else leads someone to commit crime.

There was a discussion about this on the Jeremy Vine show earlier this week, and they seemed to be professing the opinion that the actual act he carried out was lifted from a Coronation Street murder where a woman was supposedly bludgeoned to death with a hammer. On the

Archived