Hooker

GBH_189

I'm writing a piece at university about the history of pro wresting specificity the early period when the real sport became staged I've been wanting to read Hooker by Lou Thez and think this might be a great excuse prices are astronomical however so I was wondering if anybody had anyone where I could find a copy cheaper or recommend any other books or articles that might be worth reading

I'm writing a piece at university about the history of pro wresting specificity the early period when the real sport became staged I've been wanting to read Hooker by Lou Thez and think this might be a great excuse prices are astronomical however so I was wondering if anybody had anyone where I could find a copy cheaper or recommend any other books or articles that might be worth reading

I actually used this book quite a lot for my dissertation. I found it sections of it on Google Books (I think) but couldn't find the whole book. I'd say it's the best you'll find about the early history of wrestling, the first quarter of the history of professional wrestling Wikipedia page is practically this book.

• Paid Members

Might be worth getting in touch with Lister, as he's got books in his collection that most of have never heard of, and has a good knowledge of what was true or "embellished" about the period.

Archived