Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chest Rockwell

Biggest Anti-Climax of 2011

What was the biggest anti-climax in wrestling of 2011?   154 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest anti-climax in wrestling of 2011?

• CM Punk leaves WWE with the title only to return 8 days later
    • Bobby Roode fails to win the Title at Bound for Glory
    • The RAW Mystery GM story fizzles
    • Wrestlemania Main Event ends in count out
    • The Rock's return
    • Hype videos believed to be for Sting turn out to be for The Undertaker
    • Kharma

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 posts in this topic

Torn between Punk and Roode since both seemed like good chances to create new longterm top stars and, for different reasons, both ended up as a colossal letdown.

Didn't have high expectations for most of the others (or think it was going to be Sting) so they didn't disappoint me as much.

:devil: Oh, and whilst I'm probably alone on this I actually like the idea of a Wrestlemania Main Event ending in count out. Although its probably best left as an idea. The way it happened made it obvious it wasn't the actual finish and we were going to get a restart.

The situation with CM Punk leaving with the title gave the opportunity to try something fresh and intriguing, seemingly with the fans' consent judging by his monster reaction. Eight days later he was back and standard operating procedures were resumed.

Had to pick Raw GM mystery fizzling out. Great concept that had me guessing who really was the GM only for it to be forgotten. They could have even had Big Johnny say it was him. Really disappointing and a waste of a good storyline.