Monkey Island series

goldeneye86

Got Spit? Got Contest?

Hallelujah!

Love the first two not played them since completed them on the Miggy a while ago tbh.

Played the Ps2 one, Escape was it? Was mildly impressed but got stuck on the monkey rap.

Not really been back to revisit in case they spoil the memories.

I've only really played the first two. I first got them back when I got a 486, about two years after everyone else got Pentiums. I looked around Toys R Us for anything that fit my system requirements, and Monkey Island two-pack looked the best of the stuff that did. I did get the third on the PS2 just after I got to university, but I played it maybe twice before my flatmate either sold it or one of his friends nicked it (they also robbed Chinese Kevin's mobile).

I've played the first two since then on ScummVM as well, and enjoy them. But I use a walkthrough the entire time.

I've only really played the first two. I first got them back when I got a 486, about two years after everyone else got Pentiums. I looked around Toys R Us for anything that fit my system requirements, and Monkey Island two-pack looked the best of the stuff that did. I did get the third on the PS2 just after I got to university, but I played it maybe twice before my flatmate either sold it or one of his friends nicked it (they also robbed Chinese Kevin's mobile).

I've played the first two since then on ScummVM as well, and enjoy them. But I use a walkthrough the entire time.

Speaking about scummVM how the hell do you work it? I have to boot up my amiga for the first 2 but if known how to work scummVM might save time as can play straight from pc. any guides to scummVM I'd be very grateful :rolleyes:

• Paid Members

I loved the first two, and I can still play them over and over with every bit as much enjoyment. Probably gonna sound a little geeky, but I do t really consider the third and fourth as true sequels. Aside from the fact they're by different people (so don't deliver the 'true' conclusion to the series) - but they're such major departures from the originals they don't feel like true Monkey games. I hope Tim Schafer finally gets the chance to make the real sequel to the second so we can see how it's supposed to end. He's certainly talked about it long enough.

Speaking about scummVM how the hell do you work it? I have to boot up my amiga for the first 2 but if known how to work scummVM might save time as can play straight from pc. any guides to scummVM I'd be very grateful :rolleyes:

How do you mean? It's been a couple of years since I've last used it, but I remember it being quite easy, it's basically a front-end where you pick the game you want to play. Have you had any specific trouble trying to get it to work?

Diet Grog

Cherry Grog

Purple Grog

How do you mean? It's been a couple of years since I've last used it, but I remember it being quite easy, it's basically a front-end where you pick the game you want to play. Have you had any specific trouble trying to get it to work?

I've never used it so unsure what to do with it and how to use it? Is it like how you play emulators etc?

Archived