Monkey Island series

goldeneye86

Recently managed to get the original versions from both of the special editions working via scummVM on my android phone, so I'm enjoying working my way through the first one at the moment.

Speaking about scummVM how the hell do you work it? I have to boot up my amiga for the first 2 but if known how to work scummVM might save time as can play straight from pc. any guides to scummVM I'd be very grateful :rolleyes:

When you start up scummVM you just have to click 'add game' and find the folder where you've put the game's data files. For the game to work in scummVM you have to have the data files listed here for your game in the data folder you specify for it to work.

OK question time.

I have ScummVM on my computer but the only games i have on it are Beneath A Steel Sky and Flight Of The Amazon Queen(Both awesome games as well btw.) My question is, is there anywhere online i can "Acquire" other games such as the Monkey Island series whether it be an official website or some other means.

OK question time.

I have ScummVM on my computer but the only games i have on it are Beneath A Steel Sky and Flight Of The Amazon Queen(Both awesome games as well btw.) My question is, is there anywhere online i can "Acquire" other games such as the Monkey Island series whether it be an official website or some other means.

Your best bet to acquire them legally and quickly would be through Steam (or similar). It's best to wait until their Christmas sale though as in their recent big sale a lot of the decent LucasArt or similar games on there were half price or less. You should also be able to order them through Amazon marketplace, ebay, etc and a link for the special edition bundle of the first two Monkey Islands was posted the other day.

Recently managed to get the original versions from both of the special editions working via scummVM on my android phone, so I'm enjoying working my way through the first one at the moment.

Speaking about scummVM how the hell do you work it? I have to boot up my amiga for the first 2 but if known how to work scummVM might save time as can play straight from pc. any guides to scummVM I'd be very grateful :rolleyes:

When you start up scummVM you just have to click 'add game' and find the folder where you've put the game's data files. For the game to work in scummVM you have to have the data files listed here for your game in the data folder you specify for it to work.

Thanks very much for the info mate. Has helped a lot :D

Archived