New Wrestletalk TV epiode 2 now online

joelross

My only big problem with Wrestle Talk TV and i'll keep saying it is that it needs more British Wrestling... by more British Wrestling i don't mean more FWA and FWA products, because the way to make this seem more like a tv program talking about British Wrestling is stop focusing on one certain promotion. It's not fair on the rest of the scene.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My only big problem with Wrestle Talk TV and i'll keep saying it is that it needs more British Wrestling... by more British Wrestling i don't mean more FWA and FWA products, because the way to make this seem more like a tv program talking about British Wrestling is stop focusing on one certain promotion. It's not fair on the rest of the scene.

Fair point and I agree

I would much prefer to do 2 different products, one totally for WWE/TNA etc

and one focussing totally on British Wrestling.

Fair point and I agree

I know there is little talk about WWE/TNA, but that is the other thing, not many mentions of the other american products like Chikara, CZW, RoH, SHIMMER, etc.

The talk of youtube videos was pointless as it was basically "on the wrestle talk tv youtube channel or the FWA youtube channel i saw these videos", how about DVD reviews or book reviews?

But yeah the main thing about British Wrestling even if it isn't all of British Wrestling at least talk about those that are part of the BWC. I noticed a little mention of Fight Club Pro but that show had already gone by the time this video aired.

I totally agree with the whole FWA/BWC ECT EXCLUSIVE SHOW (basically needs Alex Shane on the payroll). The show looks great, It has everything from in-studio guests, live tour reviews, competitions, star power interviews. But where is the British Wrestling?

Maybe you could add a short list of upcoming UK events (I dont mean just plugging IPW:UK on the plug line at the bottom of the screen). Do more 'live tour' reviews from shows around the country, the Dragon Gate one was great, although short.

I think this show really has potential, it's good to see they have listened to the negatives listed last time on here. The set has improved and that awkward news segment has been scraped it seems.

Overall better episode, seemed to be some audio faults near the end of the comedian interview. Got abit bored of the Leroy interview, not because he was boring. The amount of FWA mentions made me fed up.

But surely this is an FWA production? It's unreasonable to expect it to represent the British wrestling scene in general when it's just another Alex Shane vanity project.

I totally agree with the whole FWA/BWC ECT EXCLUSIVE SHOW (basically needs Alex Shane on the payroll). The show looks great, It has everything from in-studio guests, live tour reviews, competitions, star power interviews. But where is the British Wrestling?

Maybe you could add a short list of upcoming UK events (I dont mean just plugging IPW:UK on the plug line at the bottom of the screen). Do more 'live tour' reviews from shows around the country, the Dragon Gate one was great, although short.

I think this show really has potential, it's good to see they have listened to the negatives listed last time on here. The set has improved and that awkward news segment has been scraped it seems.

Overall better episode, seemed to be some audio faults near the end of the comedian interview. Got abit bored of the Leroy interview, not because he was boring. The amount of FWA mentions made me fed up.

I think everybody would do it different if they were running it, me included

I want to do some live ones with callers on etc

Just watched it in its entirely (which I didn't manage with the first one). But there's a plug for a feature on a booker/promoter training course, and then it's never elaborated on, instead going into a feature on Justin Richards' school?

Good point, I will investigate

Phone in interviews would be cool but I'd like to see more British guys chucked in the studio promoting British Wrestling mainly. The Foley interview was good but It's stuff we can view from the hundreds of other interviews he did on that tour which are posted everywhere already.

There are loads of guys who are doing good things who could be on guys like Mark Haskins, Zach Sabre, Marty Scurll or even promoters maybe such Sloan or Knight.

Im sure I read that Jeremy Borash did a in-studio interview for the 2nd episode, what happened to that?

Phone in interviews would be cool but I'd like to see more British guys chucked in the studio promoting British Wrestling mainly. The Foley interview was good but It's stuff we can view from the hundreds of other interviews he did on that tour which are posted everywhere already.

There are loads of guys who are doing good things who could be on guys like Mark Haskins, Zach Sabre, Marty Scurll or even promoters maybe such Sloan or Knight.

Im sure I read that Jeremy Borash did a in-studio interview for the 2nd episode, what happened to that?

They wanted a UK guest instead

They wanted a UK guest instead

Haha, maybe it was Borash who exploded your studio light. PARANORMAL.

One small issue with the whole thing. I really enjoyed it, was a great hour of watching in my books. Although I agree it needs more focus on British Wrestling, and not just FWA, it's a country mile above anything and everyone trying to do similar, and portrays British Wrestling in a good light.

BUT... the fact that Joel, you left a rogue piece of A4 paper next to you on the sofa whilst you were talking at the start really annoyed me for some stupid reason. Episode three I would like, nay DEMAND, no loose paper left on the sofa! And sort the loose wires out of the back of the TV that kept grabbing my attention. And I don't understand why it's shot in front of a green screen when the green scene is never used...

But otherwise. Good job I say :thumbsup:

Fair point and I agree

Firstly with regards to this, I personally wouldn't see the point in doing one for WWE/TNA etc and then one for British wrestling scene because to be fair, other than the people who already watch / know / care / are invested in British wrestling - who's going to watch it?? This is a great way for smaller companies to garner some attention and piggyback off of being on a show with WWE / TNA news and guests. Realistically who's going to stay watching an interview with someone from the UK scene but switch off from an interview with Mick Foley especially when you have the added bonus of it being Alex who's conducting the interview and you have the initial back and forth between them over the fact that they've worked with one another etc.... As it's put over that Foley has worked Alex and in turn puts Alex over in the interview - that in itself is a massive step to getting Jonny Casual to take a better look at the British scene. More so than 'Here's a feature on XYZ' where most people will switch off / fast forward.

EVE was recently featured on a wrestling news show in Japan called S-ARENA (you can see it for yourself in the link below should you wish) and that same wrestling show has the rights to include WWE footage and recap the latest goings on, after which our DVD orders for Japan understandably went up. Had we have just featured on a show that only showed other indie groups I'm sure it wouldn't have had such a noticeable effect.

Secondly, with regards to the product itself - it's tremendous. Sure there are a few holes here and there as even Joel himself has mentioned but it's early days yet at only episode 2. Early episodes are there to get the kinks out, get feedback from and then adjust accordingly. The production level is the best that anything concerning British wrestling has ever been a part of and as a host Joel is so good that I couldn't help but think to myself that the scene is lucky to have this guy around because he's a natural television presenter. Joel is as much a part of the tremendous presentation as any fancy graphics, lights or anything else.

Put simply in my view this is the closest British wrestling has ever come to being a part of something that could end up truly making some sort of difference in getting some form of consistent positive focus or attention since the days of talksport. To me the real question is whether or not there actually is an audience right now? But of course if you don't get the program out there for people to see - you'll never know.

Archived