Documentary on Dave Kidney

Get Lucille

• Paid Members

It's the funniest thing I've ever seen.

It's almost too good to be true - like the ultimate satire on British wrestling. From the Disabled superfan to the spotty pleather-clad "trainees" to the Ring announcer that buys something in every shop that he tries to poster. Not forgetting the 80 year-old man with angina who can barely move and can't do anything in the ring.

It's just beautiful.

I remember catching it late one night, and being in fits of hysterics. From the kayfabe footage of them backstage, to watching them train (my favourite bit - the kid of questionable intelligence going to town on a punchbag) it seemed like the documentary makers managed to tick every box on the 'Obscure Hobby Clich

I wanted to book a skit ages ago where Dave was Red Lightnings dad in the Viking Bar in Maryhill, having a cheeky pint in a flashers coat and flat cap, someone says something crass, big dave whips off the coat and hat to reveal the singlet, then he and red take the entire bar to task. Had an e-mail address that I was told was a contact for him, never heard anything back funnily enough.

I wanted to book a skit ages ago where Dave was Red Lightnings dad in the Viking Bar in Maryhill, having a cheeky pint in a flashers coat and flat cap, someone says something crass, big dave whips off the coat and hat to reveal the singlet, then he and red take the entire bar to task. Had an e-mail address that I was told was a contact for him, never heard anything back funnily enough.

He's been at a few SSW shows apparently, might be a good place to get a hold of him.

Archived