Jack Gallagher Comments on his PWI:BWP World Catchweight Championship

BWP-Wrestling

It basically boils down to shitty promoting, something which I absolutely detest. The wrestler in question could very well be the best performer in the world, but when he's promoted in such an arrogant and condescending way it makes me not want to check out his work. I'm not going to pay money to see a show called "Town Hall Brawl" no matter who's on the card, it's a horrible amateurish name that sounds like it came straight off of page one of the book of cliche wrestling names, it's really not the wrestlers fault, it's the promoters seemingly deliberately making them look bad.

As someone who would love to promote a show but lacks the necessary funds and connections it makes my skin crawl seeing crappy promoters advertising shows like it's still the nineteen eighties.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It basically boils down to shitty promoting, something which I absolutely detest. The wrestler in question could very well be the best performer in the world, but when he's promoted in such an arrogant and condescending way it makes me not want to check out his work. I'm not going to pay money to see a show called "Town Hall Brawl" no matter who's on the card, it's a horrible amateurish name that sounds like it came straight off of page one of the book of cliche wrestling names, it's really not the wrestlers fault, it's the promoters seemingly deliberately making them look bad.

As someone who would love to promote a show but lacks the necessary funds and connections it makes my skin crawl seeing crappy promoters advertising shows like it's still the nineteen eighties.

Then why don't you help out with a promotion, putting your ideas forward, rather than just slagging them off? Because that's not really much more helpful, is it?

If you think they can go about promoting shows in a better way then drop them an email. As long as you're not as arsey in the email as you were in your above post, I'm sure they'll read it and think about what you're saying if it makes sense.

I feel like Vito is getting a bit of a raw deal here. As someone who is involved in the advertising of the show in mention. Vito was just expressing his opinion and should not be jumped on for doing so. Obviously i disagree with his assessment of how we are advertising the show. Anytime Britannia Wrestling is in Denbigh, the punters leave happy. The "Denbigh Town Hall Brawl" name is a name that has been used when we return to Denbigh for the past 3 years. It is a great venue with a great atmosphere and has always been a success. It is a name that the Denbigh locals are used to and recognise. We had great feedback last week when we visited Denbigh last week from the locals and the local businesses who support the show. I don't believe there is any wrong with the name and if Vito would be able to make the journey to North Wales to see the show i believe he would be pleasantly surprised.

This is a forum where a lot of the people who post WILL know who Jack Gallagher is and it makes sense to promote the show here as it gives exposure in a market where his name does mean something.

Addressing the issue of Britannia Wrestling Promotions being a company that no one has ever heard of... We run shows throughout North Wales and are the foremost promotion in our region, gaining mainstream media attention in the local press in North Wales as well as with S4C (the Welsh national TV network) in the past and the present. In fact S4C will be filming the next 2 upcoming Britannia Wrestling shows (24.09.2011, Denbigh) and (07.10.2011, Prestatyn).

I don't normally get drawn into issues online such as this but thought it was important that "Vito" understood that no-one involved in Britannia Wrestling were attempting to belittle his opinions or say they were not without merit, even if we disagree with them. In fact we encourage anyone who has "not heard of us" or believes anything we do to be outdated or amateurish to attend our shows and see for themselves why we believe we cater to our market extremely well.

I think part of the reason we don't get the exposure within the IWC is our location here in North Wales, most of the exposure on the UKFF seems to be based in the Manchester and Midlands region. So we are now posting here so that people have to opportunity to become exposed to our product. It makes sense. I think Jack handled himself very well in the interview and came across great. I don't think anyone can fault the passion and the knowledge he shared in it.

Again "Vito", you are entitled to your opinion and we respect that, but Britannia Wrestling is a fast growing company using top British talent with even more to come and will be hosting the first match on Welsh soil of Ring of Honor TV Champion El Generico on the 7th October 2011 in Prestatyn, North Wales. As well as holding an exclusive Training seminar on the 6th October at the same venue with El Generico.

We are committed to providing top class wrestling for the people of Wales who have been starved of it for so long.

We will keep you up to date on all developments in the coming months.

Please feel free to check out www.britanniawrestling.co.uk for more info.

Regards

Not really, by contrast Jack Gallagher is someone who has spent years working on his craft, wrestling the right opponents, going to the right training schools to put himself light years ahead of the shit arses whereas Vito jumped to the conclusion that Jack wasn't any good because HE hadnt heard of him, when if Vito had bothered to I dunno attend a show or check out footage on youtube, he would have seen Jack is worthy of this promotion. I'll not apologise when a poster is too lazy to at least look into something before he comments.

Behave yourself!

Vito hasn't done anything wrong here at all in the slightest and the only reason you've jumped in and had a snide little dig at him is cos jack's a mate of yours so therefore he's fucking good, it's got absolutely nothing to do with the promotion and more to do with your ''how dare someone not know who a britwres guy is'' mentality here, and whilst i concede jacks improved immensely over the past 12 months there's far better britwres guys who'd deserve this kind of promotion on the ukff. And once again its not vito being lazy its the fact no one has done enough to persuade people like him to check these guys out and jumping at him for offering a perfectly valid opinion of ''i dont know who he is'' isn't gonna get him attending the shows is it?

i cant even believe YOU of all people mentioned shitarses...

''jacob israel's'' post is how you all should have handled vito's comments.

Behave yourself!

Vito hasn't done anything wrong here at all in the slightest and the only reason you've jumped in and had a snide little dig at him is cos jack's a mate of yours so therefore he's fucking good, it's got absolutely nothing to do with the promotion and more to do with your ''how dare someone not know who a britwres guy is'' mentality here, and whilst i concede jacks improved immensely over the past 12 months there's far better britwres guys who'd deserve this kind of promotion on the ukff. And once again its not vito being lazy its the fact no one has done enough to persuade people like him to check these guys out and jumping at him for offering a perfectly valid opinion of ''i dont know who he is'' isn't gonna get him attending the shows is it?

i cant even believe YOU of all people mentioned shitarses...

''jacob israel's'' post is how you all should have handled vito's comments.

Why me of all people, out of interest?

• Paid Members
Are you just trolling or do you genuinely miss the point here?

Well people moan that promotions don't do enough to promote their shows and their stars, and when they do they get shat on because they're promoting people posters here don't know.

C'mon, folks can't have it both ways. It's swings and roundabouts.

Well people moan that promotions don't do enough to promote their shows and their stars, and when they do they get shat on because they're promoting people posters here don't know.

C'mon, folks can't have it both ways. It's swings and roundabouts.

That's not what i'm objecting against here, especially since im quite relentless in the ''HEY WATCH THIS BRITWRES GUY'' type of shills on here. What i'm objecting to is the fact they all came in here absolutely appalled and astounded that vito didnt know who the great jack gallagher is! And the way they jumped on him has probably ensured that vito will never want to see a britwres show EVER so in effect theyve cost the scene a new fan which is a shame cos theres quite a good few companies/talent knocking about but their heavy handed approach has just made them look a bunch of insecure cunts.

This. STFU hitman.

No i'm sorry but no you still came in here calling the guy a strawb rather than helping him realise who jack was so that he'd want to check him out you started calling him a strawb whatever the fuck that means. It's ridiculous and not helpful in anyway to the ultimate aim of getting guys like vito to come to see the shows is it?

• Paid Members
No i'm sorry but no you still came in here calling the guy a strawb rather than helping him realise who jack was so that he'd want to check him out you started calling him a strawb whatever the fuck that means. It's ridiculous and not helpful in anyway to the ultimate aim of getting guys like vito to come to see the shows is it?

So rayneisatwat works for BWP?

Archived