The Footballers thread.

RancidPunx

Going back training tonight , just for a sunday league team.

Obviously nothing major but i thought it might be a good idea to keep a thread for the season .

Even if you just play astro or indoor once a week.

Starting back tonight. Think i will be playing right back this year. Never played there before.

Anybody got any practical basic tips for a right back?

The shittest thing about relocating a few times is missing out on playing regular futbol.

I've played right back. You right footed? Not sure about your league but don't see any inverted wingers in the Lpool Old Boys, so if you are r-footed, keep your body between the left winger and your box. I am embarrassingly bad with my left, though, so you might feel more comfortable cutting across if he moves inside.

Been playing friendlies for months in preperation for the start of the Sichuan Regional Division 4 in China. Playing in the only 'western' team in the league.

We have all nationalities. Belgians, Dutch, American, Japanese, Danish, Dominican (ex international), German, Nigerian, Jamaican, Ghanain, Botswanan, English, Scottish and a few handy Chinese ringers

Quite fun towering over the Chinese opposition.

Wow that sounds interesting.

Played in a league in Australia that had a few nationalities,

We had some asians were very skilled .

Some aussies who were strong and a bit yobbish.

Some english who were good all round.

A brazillian forward who was very lazy.

Good idea for a thread.

We play in pretty poor standard - Rotherham Sunday League, but its a good laugh. We've been playing midweek 7 a side throughout the summer just to keep fit for enjoyment. I play in the middle of the park using only my left foot and attempt to keep the ball, take it off the back four, pretend I can play a bit etc.

The only problem is, I'm an utter coward. I can't head the thing to save my life, and I refuse to make a tackle. This means that my central midfield partner ends up running his blood to water each week - something he loves to keep reminding me.

We actually play every Thursday evening, so I'm looking forward to tonight. Most of us went to 2 different local schools, one catholic one C of E, so we always play Catholics Vs Heathens every week with the loser having to wash and retain the bibs. Sadly, we've got the bibs tonight after a 2-1 loss last week.

I just play 5-a-side these days. Knee injuries and having no fitness has worn me down over the years where it's not worth the pain to play anything else.

Go every Tuesday and have a blast, all who play met off a football forum. I'm primarily a goalkeeper and a damn fine one if I'm in the mood, most times I'm not or let my head wander and end up coming out to run around like a headless chicken.

I play centre-forward for Yellow Eagles, we're in the Oxfordshire UTV Div 2 this year (sunday league), not a bad standard a few southern league/hellenic league level players knocking around.

We won div 3 last year, our first ever league title, following on from our first cup the year before.

our big summer signing is Jamie Brooks (ex Oxford United, scored alot of goals when they were a championship club and was very nearly an Arsenal player but was struck down by a rare illness, some may have heard of him before:http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10342~502859,00.html

we've only had one pre-season friendly so far, and we play tomorrow morning, tuesday and thurs (big test for some of our boys fitness wise!)

Archived