Has anyone Played TEW10?

Stealingsilver

Hi guys,

I am really into management/sports management games and have recently got into wrestling. I had a go at EWR. I could not get along with it. My main issue was the lack of information on the booking screen. An example being when I forgot who was in a feud with who I had to cancel the show to find it out.

TEW looks to be an improvement but is it really worth 35US?

Thanks is advance!

TEW is much, much, much more detailed then EWR (some would even say too detailed) and if the actual booking side of things is what you are interested in then you will probably cream yourself at the amount of information in the game.

The original TEW05 is now free and would give you a good idea on what to expect of course though there have been a lot of changes and additions over the years but it's still a good place to start.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew/

Either download TEW05 for free, or download the demo of TEW2010, which shows you all the features, but your games can only last a month. Plenty to get a feel for it at any rate.

I dig it. For $35 I got more use out of it that any game on my 360. Not everyone's cup of tea though, so download some free first.

It takes aslong as you want it too, you can edit the gameworld so you dont get penalised for storylines etc so you could just have 80% of great matches & just have someone like HHH, The Undertaker, John Cena hype themselves up for 8 minutes then you will be fine & it will not take long to book.

I heard that it takes ages to book shows! So does that mean that if you were WWE you would only get one week done (Smackdown and RAW) in 2 hours?

It depends on the person playing. Depends on how detailed you want to book it. Depends how much of a plan you've got going in. Depends on how much fun you're having. I recently got through 4 TV's & a PPV in 2 hours, while 'working' in the office.

I tend not to play the bigger promotions much anymore, because it is a lot to do. WWE in particular is something of a monumental task. Which isn't the game's fault at all. I'll generally stick to indy promotions, where you can get through a year in a couple of hours. That's my cup of tea.

• Paid Members

yeah as long as you really take as much notice in Superstars and NXT as the actual writers do.

I'm probably a poor example, I'm a perfectionist with it and like to check that momentum hasn't dropped etc, really take my time with it, honestly if you're more focused in just booking shows and stuff you could probably get 2 weeks done in 3 hours, easy, I think before doing a test WWE game, I got 3 months done in about 8 hours so really if you're looking for justa fun game to play then it won't take as much time as I do

ive not used these in forever, but can you pick your own promotion and roster, or does it have to be tna, wwe, roh?

i just wondered as id prefer to make my own promotion with the cream of indie talent.

ok now i remember tew 2005 - because none of the promotions or wrestlers are real, i couldnt get into it.

i mean imagine trying to remember 50 new wrestlers at once, and keep them all happy and have no clue about them. its to much effort to sort that out. im sure one of these games had all the real promotions and wrestlers in it.

Shows don't take so long to book if you play as a smaller promotion. Most of the best games I've had on TEW have been been with small promotions, and trying to build them up.

Stingersplash: You can download real world mods for TEW, you don't have to play with the default database.

Thanks guys. I played TEW 2005 and enjoyed it. It's still a bit difficult to navigate but I am getting there. I will prob end up buying TEW2010 (I had a little go on the demo) but had a question. If a guy you like is on a written contract can you get notified when it is in the last 30 days or if they get released from their contract?

I am asking this as I will probably be an indy fed looking to pick up the scraps from WWE and TNA

Archived