Virgin Media PPV

seanz25

Hey guys, am thinking of ordering next Sundays Summerslam PPV Of virgin media, would like to know the following before my purchase:

1. How far in ahead should I buy the PPV to guarantee it will work ok?

2. How reliable are virgin media with WWE PPV's as IV heard a few stories of virgin medias service being bad & I don't fancy a call to customer services at 1am!

Thanks in advance!

I think the problems people had were only for Wrestlemania which was because the clocks had gone forward or backward so the times were fucked up or something. I've ordered a few from there over the past year and I've had no problems at all. Some were ordered only a half hour before it started as well.

They raped me of the first hour of WrestleMania 24. The screen froze at JBL coming down the aisle for the opener. Never got any explaination or apology, and they don't even have a 24 hour helpline you can call like Sky do. Charged me full price. Told me to watch the replay. Same thing apparently happened the year before.

Fucking up WrestleMania is beyond unacceptable. Two years in a row is just ridiculous. I'd never order from them again myself.

They screwed up the first 45 minutes (I think) of WrestleMania 26 as well, didn't broadcast anything until midway through the Money in the Bank match. As said above, it seems to come a cropper because of the clocks changing and the four-hour pay-per-view. But there's really no excuse for them fucking it up so many times. This year they did it without a hitch, though, and they did offer refunds for last year's.

Never had anything but problems with Virgin. Successfully ordered the 2008 Rumble and 2008 Night of Champions. Outside of that it was nothing but a complete shambles. Was always told to 'just watch the replay' and the amount of times (especially Wrestlemania) that I bought the show and it never registered was staggering.

My advice would be if you need to call customer services in the day, ask for the 'Secondary Advice Team' it takes you straight through to a UK Call Centre. They messed up Mania 24 for me and charged me full price, I asked to speak to the SAT and the guy listened to what I had to say and ended up refunding me for the event and said the next event I ordered (NOC 2008) I would get free, which I did. All other PPVs that failed to order they refunded me eventually.

The only thing I dont like about virgin is you only get the replay for a day or two on sky you get it for a week. All the time I had them 4 yrs never had a problem well viewing problems anyway

Archived