NWA-UK Hammerlock - Official Thread

captain

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say that the show had it's up's and down's.

The opening match with the guys from Dropkixx went too long and all 6 guy's were exposed as not being ready enough to perform at a high standard.

I thought that Behnam Ali and Owen Phoenix had a good match.

The pro wrestling eve women performed to their usuall high standard as always.

Colt Cabana was a hoot from start to finish.

The main event cage match was good for what it was and both guys did well.

Does anyone have results from the 6-man tag or the welsh match?

Devin Byrne pinned one the faces in the 6 man

Mean Tommy Dean beat Tank after tank missed a top rope move

Overall an average show with the 4FW match probably being the best match of the night but the cage match and Cabana vs Garnell were also good.

Does anybody have some information on danny eels as he must be one of the top shitlist candidates in the UK, I think he is around 15 and he is tiny as in smaller than chris hatch while trying to act like a poor man's ken shamrock by doing really odd looking MMA moves. When your meant to by a tough guy heel and the audience is laughing at you then its a bad thing

A few thoughts...

1) Devin Byrne, Danny Eels & Chris O' Reilly defeated Ryan & Bradley Albright & Laser Lagden in 17:27: Some things didn't seem to gel in this match, and at times it seemed to drag, so yes, the match could perhaps have benefited from being shorter. Nothing god-awful, but nothing special either.

2) Owen Phoenix def. Benham Ali in 11:50: Heard great things about 4FW and these two chaps in particular, so expectations were high. Suffice to say, they delivered, this was a fine match indeed.

3) "Mean" Tommy Dean def. Tank in 8:27: A change of pace from the previous bout, I felt. Nothing particularly special of note, but nothing that screamed awful to me. The finish was smart, if maybe a little easy to predict.

4) Danny Garnell def. Colt Cabana in 13:37: An average Cabana match, and that is not a bad thing at all. I found it rather entertaining, and Garnell was on top form as the heel foil. Controversy prevailed at the end when Garnell got a foot on the rope for the fall, and despite Cabana's best attempts to get his revenge, including fishing Garnell from the back and frogmarching him back to the ring, it proved futile. Still, it didn't disappoint at all.

5) Kurrupt def. Dean Champion and Lee Walker to retain the NWA UK Heavyweight title in 7:41: Never seemed to get out of first gear, in my opinion.

6) April Davids def. Rhia O' Reilly by ref stoppage in 8:50: Fine display from both ladies here. Quite a physical match, if I may say so as well, with April applying several submissions in the last moments of the bout. Clearly Rhia wasn't quitting anytime soon, so referee Chris Hatch intervened and called for the bell.

7) In the cage match, Jimmy Havoc def. Jon Ryan by escaping the cage in 12:51: Both combatants put in a heck of a performance in my book. Havoc tasting claret was perhaps more likely to happen than not, but given the environment, it was perhaps expected.

Overall... well it was mentioned earlier that this show had its ups and downs, that is perhaps the finest way to describe it. The 4FW match, the ladies match and Garnell vs. Cabana ranked as my personal favourites. Return show for Hammerlock at the Grundy Park Leisure Centre is November 26th, if my memory serves me right...

A few thoughts...

1) Devin Byrne, Danny Eels & Chris O' Reilly defeated Ryan & Bradley Albright & Laser Lagden in 17:27: Some things didn't seem to gel in this match, and at times it seemed to drag, so yes, the match could perhaps have benefited from being shorter. Nothing god-awful, but nothing special either.

Can I justsay I totally agree. I hate doing tags and I perfomed nowhere near how I should have.I apoliogise for my own personal fuck ups in that bout and sorry I couldn't add anything to entertain more. Sorry guys

Barrington, don't apologise to the internet - if our opinion was worth a damn, we'd be getting paid for it ;)

In your match, there were 6 guys and a manager outside, and the only guy showing out apart from said manager was one of the heels. That's all to cock.

Think back, and be better next time :)

A few thoughts...

2) Owen Phoenix def. Benham Ali in 11:50: Heard great things about 4FW and these two chaps in particular, so expectations were high. Suffice to say, they delivered, this was a fine match indeed.

3) "Mean" Tommy Dean def. Tank in 8:27: A change of pace from the previous bout, I felt. Nothing particularly special of note, but nothing that screamed awful to me. The finish was smart, if maybe a little easy to predict.

4) Danny Garnell def. Colt Cabana in 13:37: An average Cabana match, and that is not a bad thing at all. I found it rather entertaining, and Garnell was on top form as the heel foil. Controversy prevailed at the end when Garnell got a foot on the rope for the fall, and despite Cabana's best attempts to get his revenge, including fishing Garnell from the back and frogmarching him back to the ring, it proved futile. Still, it didn't disappoint at all.

5) Kurrupt def. Dean Champion and Lee Walker to retain the NWA UK Heavyweight title in 7:41: Never seemed to get out of first gear, in my opinion.

6) April Davids def. Rhia O' Reilly by ref stoppage in 8:50: Fine display from both ladies here. Quite a physical match, if I may say so as well, with April applying several submissions in the last moments of the bout. Clearly Rhia wasn't quitting anytime soon, so referee Chris Hatch intervened and called for the bell.

7) In the cage match, Jimmy Havoc def. Jon Ryan by escaping the cage in 12:51: Both combatants put in a heck of a performance in my book. Havoc tasting claret was perhaps more likely to happen than not, but given the environment, it was perhaps expected.

Overall... well it was mentioned earlier that this show had its ups and downs, that is perhaps the finest way to describe it. The 4FW match, the ladies match and Garnell vs. Cabana ranked as my personal favourites. Return show for Hammerlock at the Grundy Park Leisure Centre is November 26th, if my memory serves me right...

I would be a bit harsher on the opener and two fat random old guys playing wrestler match. The owen phoenix match was ok and I did enjoy the Colt match as I am a big fan of his. I actually left after that match at intermission due to how poor the first and third matches were. Even the second match was just good, nothing too great. Maybe I have just been lucky/spoilt but this is the first time I ever left a show early in my 8 years of attending live events, there was no reason to stay, there was barely any live atmosphere and the majority of the wrestling was terrible. The majority of the roster I saw didn't share a drop of charisma between them.

I won't be attending a hammerlock show again unless there is an import I really want to see or something despite the fact its only a short drive away. Quite a disapointment.

I would be a bit harsher on the opener and two fat random old guys playing wrestler match. The owen phoenix match was ok and I did enjoy the Colt match as I am a big fan of his. I actually left after that match at intermission due to how poor the first and third matches were. Even the second match was just good, nothing too great. Maybe I have just been lucky/spoilt but this is the first time I ever left a show early in my 8 years of attending live events, there was no reason to stay, there was barely any live atmosphere and the majority of the wrestling was terrible. The majority of the roster I saw didn't share a drop of charisma between them.

I won't be attending a hammerlock show again unless there is an import I really want to see or something despite the fact its only a short drive away. Quite a disapointment.

Just out of interest which promotions do you normally attend ?

Archived