1PW show off........time to pay up now Danny Boy!

cheetah69uk

• Paid Members
I like how people say 'in this day and age we should be doing this, that and the other' like being in 2011 must immediately have the answers to everything. I'm sure if there was a more accurate way of measuring audiences they would have found it by now. Maybe they think it's not worth looking for one any more considering the amount of programming that is watched online?

That's a pretty fair shout. I can't say as I watch programmes online, I hate watching stuff on my PC monitor, however watching iplayer and youtube on my PS3 is one of the reasons I want the wireless sorting at home. Internet TV certainly seems to becoming very common on TV's, blu-ray players, etc.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The problem is that there's a simple way of getting precise figures, which is by Sky analysing people's Sky+ viewing (which they definitely can do) or simply tracking their boxes (which they can allegedly do if the box is plugged in to the phoneline). The problem is that this would only cover Sky viewers which is an inherently biased method because they are less likely to spend as much time watching the main channels.

As for having never met anyone who has a BARB box, that's not odd at all. Only one in every 6,000 people has a box in their house. I highly doubt any of us know 6,000 people, let alone 6,00 people that we've asked whether or not they have a box.

I was offered a BARB box back in 2003 and said no because I was watching a lot of Fox Kids at the time because teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was going through a relaunch. That, and I had Price-Drop TV on a lot at night because it was good background noise while I was on the computer.

This adds nothing to the conversation.

I was offered a BARB box back in 2003 and said no because I was watching a lot of Fox Kids at the time because teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was going through a relaunch. That, and I had Price-Drop TV on a lot at night because it was good background noise while I was on the computer.

This adds nothing to the conversation.

BS. It was topless darts on ice on live tv that put you off.

Archived