cigars

Flash

birthday is in august and im after some cigars to celebrate and was wondering if anyone can recomend me what kind and where the best place to buy them from. thanks

• Paid Members

Flash, there is an excellent tobacconist in North Walsham, smack bang in the town centre.

He has a vast selection of cigars, flavoured tobacco, pipes and smoking accessories. It might be worth you checking out is you're around the area.

Last batch of cigars I got were a fancy box of Dutch ones at Dubai airport. The typical stuff you get around the UK are dire in comparison. Like Espanacas said above, you may try to avoid the cheaper type if you want a better experience. But then if you're gonna be smashed at a birthday party or something you may not care what they're like anyway.

• Paid Members

Cuban. Nothing but Cuban. Don't buy that whole bollocks about how "Dominicans are just as good", because that's a lie.

Important thing, though: do you like your cigars smooth or spicy?

• Paid Members
Cuban. Nothing but Cuban. Don't buy that whole bollocks about how "Dominicans are just as good", because that's a lie.

Important thing, though: do you like your cigars smooth or spicy?

See, I actually prefer Dominicans, especially their flavoured tobaccos. Bought some mildly flavoured chocolate 'Churchills' whilst out there a few years back, and they were without question the finest cigar I have ever tasted.

But yes, if in any doubt, go for Cuban or nothing.

I'm actually purchasing a couple of absolute crackers for the arrival of my little girl, family tradition going back to my Great Grandad and further apparently.

• Paid Members
I did the same, bought them for the arrival of my child..... I thought this was a bit of a tradtition anyway?

That's what I thought, however a lot of folks at work looked at me blank when I mentioned it, and so did my Wife's side of the family.

One of my fave scenes in a film is Parenthood, when they all have a Cigar in the Maternity Suite

Archived