UK Wrestling Companies

AnkleLock316

Hi Im new to the whole UK scene and have only seen 2 shows so far, 1pw The Last Stand and NBW Southside Wrestling in Preston.

What companies do people recommend I go and see? I wont be spending any money on 1pw again so Im open to suggestions.

Oh PCW Preston Championship Wrestling looks like it is going to have a great show in August

GPW (9 years), Futureshock (8 years) and XWA (well I know XWA as a brand has only been around officially since 2006 but it was FWA between 2003 and 2006 and it wasn't really FWA as such, it used the same talent sure, but it was closer to the product they do now) each with their own great storylines and unique rosters. Oh and if you are lucky sometimes you can catch all 3 in the same weekend, :thumbsup: and more often then not 2 of them are on the same weekend :thumbsup:

EWW (Extreme World Wrestling) they've been around since 1998, originally based in Oxford, are now based in Hastings, putting on great shows with exciting storylines and great characters, DVD's are available, website is coming soon I hear but you can also follow them on Facebook, I'd also recommend WrestleForce, (was originally Wrestlefest then Thunderslam) making it's debut show at the Harlow Playhouse in October, from videos that I've seen, the product looks great, with a giant screen for segments and music videos and the set looks great, somthing the whole family can enjoy :)

Hi Im new to the whole UK scene and have only seen 2 shows so far, 1pw The Last Stand and NBW Southside Wrestling in Preston.

What companies do people recommend I go and see? I wont be spending any money on 1pw again so Im open to suggestions.

Oh PCW Preston Championship Wrestling looks like it is going to have a great show in August

I was at the Southside show in Preston, and will be returning to town for the Preston City Wrestling show. I was very impressed by the level of professionalism the show was ran with, and the organised and friendly atmosphere. All talent was delivered as promised and the show was exciting and entertaining.

Are you based out of the North West yourself? I

These threads always turn into whorefests with promoters and local fan boys pimping their promotion to everyone shamelessly. Your best bet is to say where you are from and what radius you would be willing to travel to see the shows. Sadly travelling more than 60 miles for a UK indy show would most likely be a waste of money, however I've aware that last point is up for debate.

i would definitely second going to see some of the fsw shows they have some really really good talent on there shows

also ill throw in waw (the knights company ) and rdw ( down in Yorkshire)

growing company"s really really entertaining shows buddy

These threads always turn into whorefests with promoters and local fan boys pimping their promotion to everyone shamelessly. Your best bet is to say where you are from and what radius you would be willing to travel to see the shows. Sadly travelling more than 60 miles for a UK indy show would most likely be a waste of money, however I've aware that last point is up for debate.

I would disagree with regards to the travelling but then I guess it depends on how much you are likely to enjoy the show. It sounds like you are from the north west so if thats the case the promotions listed above all have great reputations. With regards to travelling I would happily drive a 200 mile round trip to see IPW or NGW and I believe that there are a lot of people on here that travel from the north down to Kent regulary.

Thankyou for the support for Southside , hope you enjoyed the show :thumbsup:

I would disagree with regards to the travelling but then I guess it depends on how much you are likely to enjoy the show. It sounds like you are from the north west so if thats the case the promotions listed above all have great reputations. With regards to travelling I would happily drive a 200 mile round trip to see IPW or NGW and I believe that there are a lot of people on here that travel from the north down to Kent regulary.

Thankyou for the support for Southside , hope you enjoyed the show :thumbsup:

NBW Southside was a great show pal, far better than the first UK show I watched. Im from the North West and dont mind travelling. I want to go watch wrestling not get ripped off or let down plus I dont want to pay stupid money again for a crap show.

A quick (and cheap) plug 2nd July Wrestle Live in Salford as new company and wanting to get there name out there with some top talent on the show.

Also check out i would say FCW Midlands, BWP Wales are top promotions who put on some great shows the last few times i have been there.

• Paid Members

A few years ago I used to travel somewhere in the UK a couple of times a month to watch a live show. FWA, XWA, IPW:UK, TXW, 1PW, 3CW, GPW, FSW, LDN, RQW, etc. I live in the north-east of England.

These days, however, I've cut down to only watching what I consider to be the best, that I get the most enjoyment from. As such, these days I'm only regularly attending GPW in Wigan (north-west) and IPW:UK in Sittingbourne (south-east), as well as odd local 3CW shows if/when they run. These more than fulfil my live show fix.

IPW:UK is the strongest in-ring product in the UK at the moment by far, for me, and showcases the best UK talent in the best matches. Takes itself a bit too seriously and has lost the element of "fun" that the IPW:UK of 4-5 years ago had (and has suffered over the last year of missing a strong heel vs. face dynamic), but as a showcase of what the UK has to offer, it cannot be faulted.

However, I firmly believe GPW is the most complete pro wrestling package available in the UK. There are big, colourful cartoon characters, wacky gimmicks, and strong, identifiable personalities. Running the same venue each and every month, their brilliant storylines, feuds and booking are right on point to bring the same people back month after month. Also, particularly noticeable over the 2010-2011 period, they are now a much, much stronger product in terms of their actual in-ring wrestling. Some of the bouts involving Jack Gallagher, Zack Diamond and Mikey Whiplash are right up there with IPW:UK.

Having said that, and especially if I lived in the north-west, I do like both XWA and FSW too, and would travel over more regularly if scheduling allowed.

Archived