UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Palermo 2 - 0 Sporting Lisbon

The Pink and Black Attack have returned to winning ways after a mid-season blip. But it didn't look likely that would be the case in the early goings in this match. Sporting dominated the first period creating several chances and shutout the Palermo attack who did not manage to muster a shot until the second half. Lisbon could not find the onion bag which proved to be vital. After a few espresso cups were thrown in the dressing room Palermo came out like a house on fire and managed to convert there first clear chance after Pastore crossed a dangerous ball on to the bonce of A Hernandez on 49 minutes.

The opening goal helped the game to become more open and both sides were creating good chances. However Sporting did not have their shooting boots on missing a glorious 1 on 1 chance and a couple of decent crosses into the box weren't converted into deserved goals for the Lisbon team. Miccoli scored the decisive goal with only a few minutes to go after battling with the last line of the Lions defence to get a clear chance on goal. Miccoli cooly slotted into the near post past the on rushing goal keeper.

A harsh result on Metallica as he battered me in the first half, but I will take the win all day long!

No complaints from me, you took your chances and I didn't. It was a good game and you were difficult to break down. A lot of my shots were more in hope than expectation.

TUFCfan Do we know if Blackburn is still playing? He hasn't played any games for the last couple of weeks and isn't replying to my PM.

Haven't heard that he isn't. Will chase it up and see. If I get no reply as well I presume he's not.

Bolton 1-1 Fulham

Muamba 12 Zamora 17

Palermo 2-1 Fulham

Pastore 69, Hernandez 81 Johnson 14

Slightly annoying a blew the lead in the final 20 mins in what looking at the table was quite a big game in the battle for the top 4.

Great game tho with numerous chances for both sides.

Fulham 1 - 2 Palermo

Johnson Pastore, Hernandez

Palermo win two on the bounce to catapult them back into the promotion hunt after a fast and frantic game against Fulham. Once again the Sicillians were slow off the mark and Fulham were in the ascendancy from the get-go troubling the Palermo defence with the scary pace of Andrew Johnson. They huffed and they puffed and eventually they caved in after Johnson managed to get one on one and slotted home nicely on the 14th minute. That was the moment the game exploded with both sides attacking with reckless abandonment. The Cottagers nearly gifted an equalizer on the stroke of half time after a mix up between Schwarzer and the Fulham defence thanks to a dangerous cross from Micolli. After a game of pinball Schwarzer managed to smother the ball to his relief. In the dying embers of the half Hernandez came close with a 25 yard drive which cannoned off the cross bar.

Fulham had a number of one on ones in the second half which they couldn't quite convert and their sloppy finishing was punished on the 69th minute after Pastore scored with a header thanks to a teasing cross from Illicic. After more back and forth action Palermo managed to claim the winner on the 82nd minute after Hernandez managed to get two in two games after a nice finish from 18 yards out.

It was a cracking game which could have easily have been 5-5. That's the second time I have done it to MVP he must be getting sick of me!

Archived