UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You won mate. Don't worry about it. I want my Wolfsburg boys to suffer. They've been playing above the level they're capable of for so long now everyone can see what a bunch of losers they are. I told them as much in the dressing room after the game!

Good close game though. That hurt more to lose than the 8-3 I had earlier. Could've gone either way. Close midfield battle. Good passing game. The main difference being the pace Sunderland utilised off the bench completely destroyed the static Wolfsburg defensive line.

Sunderland 1 - 0 Wolfsburg.

Gyan.

Stoke 0-2 Sporting Zapater, Valdes.

A good close game. Pete had more shots on target and was unlucky not to score.

I'll upload the first goal because I was quite pleased with it - Zapareter cut inside the box on the left wing and then curled a shot which hit the woodwork and bounced in off the woodwork and in. The second came from a misplaced pass which I then through balled to Valdes who placed a nice shot past the keeper.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/83672527

That goal was class. Was a good game better team on the day won

Week 5 (Monday 25th July -> Sunday 31st July)

Bordeaux 8 v 3 Wolfsburg

Lazio v Spartak

Schalke v Newcastle

Sunderland v Udinese

Newcastle v Besiktas

PSG v Lazio

Spartak v Schalke

Wolfsburg 0 v 1 Sunderland

Week 4 remainders:

Lazio v Besiktas

Wolfsburg v Udinese

Newcastle v Lazio

Week 3 remainders (last week for this):

Udinese v Newcastle

Division Two

Bolton v Sporting

Fulham v Fiorentina

Genoa v CSKA

Palermo v Stoke

Werder Bremen v Blackburn

Blackburn v Athletic Bilbao

CSKA v Werder Bremen

Fiorentina v Bolton

Sporting v Palermo

Stoke v Genoa

Week 4 remainders:

Bolton v CSKA

Fiorentina v Sporting

Palermo v Blackburn

Blackburn v Genoa

CSKA v Palermo

Week 3 remainders (last week for these):

Fiorentina v CSKA

Blackburn v Bolton

CSKA v Fulham

Notes:

The D1 and D2 table have been updated and are on the first post.

Division One

Due to blackcountrywwfc

PSG 1 - 0 Lazio

PSG beat Lazio in a tight encounter. Both sides defended well for the first twenty minutes and managed to snuff out most attacks. PSG had the first chance of the game when Nene's freekick was easily saved by Muslera. It was Lazio who then took control for a ten minute spell and nearly went in front when a Floccari header almost caught Douchez out when it bounced over him and looked in before the 'keeper just managed to tip it over the bar. Lazio had a good chance to score shortly afterwards when Mauri's header was stopped by Armand and Douchez, who got tangled up trying to clear it, and Radu's follow up hit the side netting. It was PSG who took the lead though in the 38th minute when a good cross from Nene on the left-hand side was nicely finished by a free Hoarau, whose header into the corner gave Muslera no chance. PSG then tried to get a second before the break and almost got it when Hoarau cut inside, but his curling shot hit the crossbar and the follow up was saved by Muslera.

It was pretty even again in the second half. Lazio tried for an equaliser and came close on a couple of occasions including just missing a header a few feet from goal. PSG had two good chances from counterattacks including a chance where an excellent through ball found Hoarau who got between two defenders, but his powerful shot was well saved by Muslera's right hand. PSG held out the rest of the game well but almost conceeded in injury time when a good run by Foggia lead to a corner, but a header from the corner was put wide. Overall quite an even game (7 shots a piece) which perhaps should have been a draw, but once again clinical finishing from Tildeguy was the difference between the two teams, and now gives me a 0-3 record against him in all competitions.

PSG goal: Hoarau ('38)

Highlights:

Floccari's header almost catches 'keeper out

Mauri's header cleared by goalie/defender combo

Hoarau heads PSG into the lead

Hoarau's effort well saved by Muslera

Archived