UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

Bordeaux 3 - 2 Udinese

Wendel (pen) Di Natale 2

Modeste

Andre

A frustrating outcome for Udinese as an incredibly tight game was settled by the odd goal. An AI challenge off the ball gave Bordeaux a penalty around 40 minutes in ( sooooooo annoying and needs get the fuck rid of if 12 is going to be better than the ever promisingly looking PES 2012) and Wendel showed no no mercy from the spot, ruthlessly smashing his spot kick into the roof of the net. Against the run of play Bordeaux extended their lead with a good passing move and pin point cross found an unmarked Modeste who nodded in from 2 yards. Feeling aggrieved and sorry for themselves Udinese put some more pressure on and eventually a corner was headed out to Di Natale who chested it down, took another touch to settle himself before burying a low drive from 16 yards into the bottom corner to haul Udinese back in to it. The game remained incredibly close until Andre on as a sub ran through a non existent backline (ha ha) and slipped it underneath the on rushing Handanovic. In stoppage time Di Natale was hauled down in the box whilst clean through on goal and the ref pointed to the spot again, he picked himself up and saw his spot kick saved by the feet of Carrasso, but not before the prolific hitman could head the ball back into empty net for his 11th goal of the campaign in just 5 games. Overall, very very tight game with little to choose from either side, a draw would have been fairer but you take your chances and Udinese didn't have enough clean cut ones to make a difference. 4 wins out of 5 aint bad :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bordeaux 3 Udinese 2

Wendel, modeste, Andre

Di Natale x2

Best and toughest game of my season so far. Careless penalty given away before half time cost Udinese as they were better team up till that point.

It was a good game, didn't press slide tackle though mate, it was a nothing ball to cut out, I'm like Rio on Fifa, I just dont use the slide tackle at all, A.I completely fucked me over!

Ok. As we now need a replacement for Fenerbahce I can see two courses of action:

1) We scrap Fenerbahce in D1 and CSKA in D2 to make the divisions ten teams each.

or

2) We replace Fenerbahce with the highest placed person from last season who missed out on D1 (which would be rohpete at the moment if he accepted) and then try and find replacements for CSKA and the other team (e.g. Stoke).

I know most people can't help circumstances but its a shame this league hasn't really got any rhythm to it, I know speaking to Dork last night he was finding it a chore as well, he should really have been started out in D2. If we manage to finish this one, I definitely won't be taking part in the next one, it's becoming a hassle and lop sided with different people playing different users for teams that have drop outs. Shame.

Ok. As we now need a replacement for Fenerbahce I can see two courses of action:

1) We scrap Fenerbahce in D1 and CSKA in D2 to make the divisions ten teams each.

or

2) We replace Fenerbahce with the highest placed person from last season who missed out on D1 (which would be rohpete at the moment if he accepted) and then try and find replacements for CSKA and the other team (e.g. Stoke).

Im happy either way. Got to say i was not a fan of the two division system and it does not seem to be working aswell as last season. For some reason it was a lot easy to play my games last year every game got played in the week it was ment to. At the mo im still 4 games behind and been gifted 3 points for another. Im going to stick with it tho and will be taking part in fifa 12 league if it goes ahead

or

i'm really sorry but just my luck i was top of the league and my fucking ps3 went and blow up hopefully next league u do i've got a new ps3.

I was never a fan of the two league system but it certainly won't put me off taking part next year. Apologies about my lack of write ups this term it's just since I got back from my 2 weeks away I've been inundated with work so that will return next season. I'll keep on with the scorer updates though. One will be up later.

• Paid Members

just lost another game, 4-0. I am getting worse. I did start the season well but ive fallen to shit. Embarrasing to play really, a ridiculous sending off ruined my game, i do really need to start playing the game other than this online league though cause i try different tactics every game so i aint settling into anything. I pretty much started this game well but as soon as i made a tactical change i literally got torn apart. I suck.

Stoke 4 Fiorentina 0

Goals K.jones 3 J carew

A good win for stoke and could of been a lot more than four. fiorentina took a huge blow when they had a man sent off after 20 min when they were 1 nil down. They also had a men sent off in injury time at the end. I wish i had jones at everton last year the one thing i was missing was a goalscorer

Im happy either way. Got to say i was not a fan of the two division system and it does not seem to be working aswell as last season. For some reason it was a lot easy to play my games last year every game got played in the week it was ment to. At the mo im still 4 games behind and been gifted 3 points for another. Im going to stick with it tho and will be taking part in fifa 12 league if it goes ahead

Yeah, the two league system seemed to be a good idea, but in practice it hasn't worked as I'd hoped.

Think I'll cut each league down to ten to stop them getting too lopsided (obviously any results against CSKA and Fenerbahce will be voided for all).

Archived