Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members
What we should also consider is that it wasn't an active ability. Perhaps the vote reset is triggered on the vig hitting L-1 or some other such thing, it would make the arguments of 'setups' and such null and void.

Aah now that is a very valid point, either way my vote stands, especially after Ron's incessant warblings of illogicality (yes that is actually a word)

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well we can test that theory by putting him at L-1 again and seeing if it resets, but if we do that we do it soon and have a back-up lynch arranged so as not to waste and entire day phase.

It's likely to be a once a day phase / once a game dealio if that's the case, i don't think we can test it again.

Looking back it happened almost immediatly after the 6th vote was posted on him... the 5 votes were registered in the vote count and then boom, 6th and our votes are removed.

I'm not liking this one bit, I believe that is what caused the reset - not an action by the scum, Bristep wasn't being stitched up, at least not by a player, but a mechanic that takes no heed of the rest of the game.

Otherwise the action was sent in during the time between the vote count and the wagons being removed, the person would have needed to have sent it to Mike as opposed to Carbomb due to CB not being online at the time...

The argument that scum wouldn't do this when the vig is close to death is completely void now. Bristep, your thoughts please?

Well, it was 45 minutes after L-1, not immediately for one thing.

Second, "The argument that scum wouldn't do this when the vig is close to death is completely void now" is a big leap based on an idea that's popped into your head.

We don't know if the power was active or passive, we can only speculate. What evidence do you have to completely flip 180 Chris? 45 minutes is more than enough time for a reset PM to be sent, Carbomb's PM box was full Mike made a point of saying so. Someone had to have triggered that to know about it. Scum PM'ed Carbomb, got a full inbox return, so PM'ed Mike who executed the reset. That's my take.

Are you looking for an out for this wagon? You dove on me when the reset happened, then sloped back to Ron when it didn't take off, now you're completely flip-flopping your opinion on the reset because Teedy has agreed that it could have been passive. Like maybe your team had time to come up with a way to discredit it again.

I'm out for the night tonight, which means i'll be completely V/LA for the rest of the evening. I'm not sure what's best here, but i don't think at this point it's lynching ron I had my reservations over time, the vote reset made them stick out more in my mind, the fact that the case which i believe helps Bristep (him being set up) is likely not the situation we're in and it's the only reason my vote is not still on him.

Unvote

Vote Bristep

Ron, i would suggest if there's no lynch or that someone else is lynched if you think of a target to kill, it'd be Bristep or Kenny, that said - i'm not advocating the usage of your night kill.

This may seem anti-town, I don't care, I believe Ron enough that i don't need to see his flip to have the information to go with during Day 2. Bristep, your responses to some of the pressure seemed a little uncharecteristic too, I don't think i've seen you seem panicked / aggressive like that previously and whilst i thought that gave credit to your points, under the situation that the vote clearing was done due to an L-1 situation it really doesn't.

Oh and if I'm right, i'll live through the night since the scum don't have a night kill, but let us see, prove me wrong scum :)

I'm out for the night tonight, which means i'll be completely V/LA for the rest of the evening. I'm not sure what's best here, but i don't think at this point it's lynching ron I had my reservations over time, the vote reset made them stick out more in my mind, the fact that the case which i believe helps Bristep (him being set up) is likely not the situation we're in and it's the only reason my vote is not still on him.

Unvote

Vote Bristep

Ron, i would suggest if there's no lynch or that someone else is lynched if you think of a target to kill, it'd be Bristep or Kenny, that said - i'm not advocating the usage of your night kill.

This may seem anti-town, I don't care, I believe Ron enough that i don't need to see his flip to have the information to go with during Day 2. Bristep, your responses to some of the pressure seemed a little uncharecteristic too, I don't think i've seen you seem panicked / aggressive like that previously and whilst i thought that gave credit to your points, under the situation that the vote clearing was done due to an L-1 situation it really doesn't.

Oh and if I'm right, i'll live through the night since the scum don't have a night kill, but let us see, prove me wrong scum :)

I don't think there's anything in my post history tonight that could be construed as panicky. Aggressive oh holy hell yes but panicky no.

Right, I'll not have another chance to post tonight. My vote stays. I suspect Chris more, but Bristep is a more viable wagon. Trying to lynch a vig is anti-town however you look at it. The reset could be a town pwer. It could be automatic. It could be scum. We don't know. Let's not get too hung up on it when we don't have long to deeadline.

Night all.

• Paid Members

Sincere apologies, people. I did not intend to be away this long, and I can only ask that you forgive this lapse. My apologies to Mike as well. I shall try to make sure I'm on the ball properly from now on.

• Paid Members

As the sun sets behind the Dragon Gates, the denizens of ChinaTown are left scratching their heads. Were they not ready to make someone pay? Yet how did he escape his punishment?

Day One has ended in a No-Lynch. Therefore no-one has been eliminated.

Night Phase Begins. Day Phase begins at 23:59, Sunday 12 June.

• Paid Members

Slightly late, sorry. But better late than never.

At sunrise, the community of ChinaTown emerge from their houses to go about the day's business. But, before anyone can get to work, their eyes are greeted by a chilling sight: a dead man, slumped by one of the stone lion gatekeepers, horrifically and violently brutalised. Closer inspection reveals it to be:

Kenny McBride - Red Pole [Triad Scum Doctor]

Day Phase begins now. With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Next Night Phase begins on Friday, 23:59pm.

Archived