Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

IF Ron turns out to be then town night vig, then I would assume the daykill to be SK or another vig. I still wouldn't go with the theory that mafia are making the day kill.

But in that vein Bri, you seem certain that so many killing powers would be an unbalanced game, is that not what your case on Ron swings on most?

That's what my opinion about his claim swings on, the case was there long before.

If Ron does end up being town vig then the choice is between "Did Carbomb make a game that seems unbalanced" or "Did Carbomb change the basic rules of mafia?" I know which one I'd go with.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IF Ron turns out to be then town night vig, then I would assume the daykill to be SK or another vig. I still wouldn't go with the theory that mafia are making the day kill.

But in that vein Bri, you seem certain that so many killing powers would be an unbalanced game, is that not what your case on Ron swings on most?

That's what my opinion about his claim swings on, the case was there long before.

If Ron does end up being town vig then the choice is between "Did Carbomb make a game that seems unbalanced" or "Did Carbomb change the basic rules of mafia?" I know which one I'd go with.

But which would Mike find interesting and which would he want to stop? (you mentioned mike first, so lets go down this route)

• Paid Members
I'm concerned about the lack of defense ron has received, at least direct defense... either the scum decided very early on that this was a wasted cause or they just allowed it to happen for shits and giggles... It seems all of the defense in what ever way for Ron has come quite late, decidedly late in fact when the chance of stopping the lynch was low... Where are his scum buddies? Seph made his post, and Kenny seems to be defending Ron too... but both were quite late in the game and i believe both have been around. It makes me hesitant to think of Ron as Scum - which leaves an SK we don't even know for 100% exists.

That's what I've been trying to say for a while but it's been ignored - where's the counter wagon? Where's the alternate theories? I KNOW I'm a vigilante, and Bristep's almost reading to me like the loss of said role would be inconsequential. I'd say a no lynch is better than killing me, heck, I could even kill someone tonight if you think that's a good idea. However, the first deadline's come very quickly and I think a mislynch would put us in a bad way. If I die, Bristep will come next I reckon, and he's been so forceful I'm beginning to worry that he's actually town, otherwise he'd be extremely suicidal scum.

What the heck?!

But which would Mike find interesting and which would he want to stop? (you mentioned mike first, so lets go down this route)

Mike won't directly prevent a setup from being used, but from dealing with him over my next game, he took issue (in a constructive way) with a couple of roles, far less complex in structure than swapping the mafia kill to a day kill so I can see him strongly advising Carbomb to avoid it. I'm not saying I'm definitely right, I'm saying that I've never ever seen a game where the scum make their kill during the day, and if the choice is between that or a kill heavy seemingly unbalanced setup, the latter is what I'd see as more likely.

This is all redundant discussion of course if we're right and Ron is scum.

Odd. Interesting but odd.

I'd say someone has a role and is able to reset the votes... doing so this late in the day however is not good...

We need to work out whether it's likely scum activated or town -

If the scum did it:

Is it to protect Ron and make a wagon on someone else more likely?

Is it to frame Ron... suddenly so close to lynch all votes disappear and they could be trying to force us into a no lynch situation.

If it's town:

Does the person believe we've made a proper mistake here and if so, why on earth do they think this is pro-town?

If it's randomly activated or set to go off at X time where does it leave us?

Well I have been tracking the thread all day on my phone but been unable to post, as far as todays lynch goes I've become less happy about losing Ron since his claim as his role is a quite powerful one but a no lynch will give us even less information so we are in a bit of a quandary. As far as alternatives go Kenny doesn't seem as scummy as ron did but it looks to be our only other viable option at the moment. For now I will leave my vote where it is and have a re-read, but in the mean time what do the rest of you think, especially like to hear from the quieter players especially chris b and seph who have been a bit quiet so far ( I know im one to talk about that but I am trying my hardest to get in here as much as I can)

• Paid Members

Just a heads up. Carbomb's PM box is full. If it's full and you need to do something (PM'ing actions during night phase for instance, or just asking a question) feel free to bung them over to me, and at the very least I'll get them to him as we have a joint QT just for us.

I'm concerned about the lack of defense ron has received, at least direct defense... either the scum decided very early on that this was a wasted cause or they just allowed it to happen for shits and giggles... It seems all of the defense in what ever way for Ron has come quite late, decidedly late in fact when the chance of stopping the lynch was low... Where are his scum buddies? Seph made his post, and Kenny seems to be defending Ron too... but both were quite late in the game and i believe both have been around. It makes me hesitant to think of Ron as Scum - which leaves an SK we don't even know for 100% exists.

That's what I've been trying to say for a while but it's been ignored - where's the counter wagon? Where's the alternate theories? I KNOW I'm a vigilante, and Bristep's almost reading to me like the loss of said role would be inconsequential. I'd say a no lynch is better than killing me, heck, I could even kill someone tonight if you think that's a good idea. However, the first deadline's come very quickly and I think a mislynch would put us in a bad way. If I die, Bristep will come next I reckon, and he's been so forceful I'm beginning to worry that he's actually town, otherwise he'd be extremely suicidal scum.

What the heck?!

It wouldn't surprise me that a scum Bristep would push this hard at all - he plays this way as town, any change to that would be a give away so i do not subscribe to the idea that he's innocent based on pushing... he's pushed hard and been wrong before and not get lynched, a good case and push is not scummy even when wrong.

• Paid Members
I've just taken a shit the size of a baby seal, and in with the corn there's a little piece of paper that says "Teedy Kay". So that means you are Scum.

TheGreatBogRollGiveaway.jpg

Bollocks, the game is well and truly up, I KNEW I shouldn't have gotten the celebratory 'YES I'M SCUM' loo roll made up

Archived