Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

And Bristep - I don't have to kill every night, so although there's three kills (potentially) I don't have to use mine unless I feel I should.

Actually I was considering it from a set-up balance point of view. Whether you intend to use it or not is irrelevant.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm, i missed your claim Ron...

Interesting...

You were absolutely right to claim in my mind despite not being L-1...

So, your role is it one shot or can you kill every night? I do think that the latter would mean quite a lot of kills for a 13 player game...

So let us assume you're telling the truth...

Brownie was a watcher, He died during Day 1 - we have a vig for night phases...

What if the scum were given day kills and Ron is telling the truth?

We'd be looking for a serial killer, and at night for scum... informative roles such as watchers (and we might assume there is a tracker in the game - infact i may have an idea on who that is...) don't give us the information on whether or not the person is guilty / innocent...

I put it to you that this is completely plausible.

We already know at least one of our informative roles was meant to give us limited information, to creat confussion, this as a game setup could actually be very interesting and i'm actually of the idea it might be the case.

So what i'm proposing is something along the lines of:

Scum x 3 (day kill) possible other roles

Night Vig

Tracker

Watcher

and other roles... perhaps i'm being too open on what my idea of the setup is, but i think that ron's claim is an absurd one to make, especially with what we know and if he's telling the truth, this fits...

I would like to actually explore this, Ron's claim doesn't make sense if it's not true and unless he thought of the setup i did from it, there's no way it would be balanced - there's also no indication to believe that he thought this setup might be the case, since he still suspected a Serial Killer and with 3 kills per day / night cycle the game wouldn't be greatly balanced. Unless of course the day kill was a oneshot but that doesn't make much sense with a Vig in the game, it would need to be an SK.

I actually like my theory and i'd like to test it.

• Paid Members
I'll try post a substantial post later tonight, but don't any of you find it a tad strange there's only ONE wagon on the go? If I was scum surely someone would have attempted a counter-wagon at some stage? It's pretty ridiculous to be honest.

This is the thing though Ron, not EVERYONE is after you, there's some fantastic debate about Kenny, there was some good little tidbits aimed at both Chris and Dazz, not forgetting my resoundingly brilliant case on Seph.

VOTE SEPH

There it is if you missed it.

My main problem with yourself Ron is the fact you absolutely jumped on it and came back hyper defensive (in more than just one persons eyes), especially as it was just a formative and well placed FOS in your direction.

You've since created counter arguments to all your actions, but somehow, and I don't know why, have seemed scummy in doing so. Maybe it IS the way you play and come across, I don't know, but as of right now, for me personally I'm getting a scummier read off you than anyone else, even Seph.

Right then, again, I'm going to mention this, because I DO miss the guys LSD driven fantasy posts, where the hell is Seph this game?

Mafia don't make day kills, that just completely changes the entire game. It's like playing scrabble with numbers, it's no longer mafia at that point.

Chris you're in danger of taking Seph's crown for crazy theories with that one I'm afraid.

I don't know that I believe Ron's claim. I don't know that I'm happy with a night kill in his hands either. it's a double edged sword :(

EBWOP : If he's lying, Ron wouldn't have given a lot of thought to balance I think, better to claim something that probably isn't out there than something that might be (i.e doc or cop) and risk a counterclaim.

Yet if he was scum a counterclaim would be fantastic since it's pretty obvious he's going to get lynched.

So tell me Bri, if he dies and flips town vig - what do we assume is the case? That there's still an SK out there?

What if he flips town vig, there's no kill in the night phase and still one in the day... do we give credit to my theory or is it still crazy?

The thing here is, yes it changes the game but it would actually be a decent and possibly even balanced set up.

• Paid Members
Mafia don't make day kills, that just completely changes the entire game. It's like playing scrabble with numbers, it's no longer mafia at that point.

Can I get a clarification as to why you feel that way Bristep?

• Paid Members

The "Mike's going to slap Carbomb for not doing this" votecount.

Ron Simmons (5) - Chris Stone, Dan Williams, bristep123, Teedy Kay, Snake Plissken

Kenny McBride (2) - Ron Simmons, unfitfinlay

Chris Stone (1) - Kenny McBride

Not Voting:

Dazz, seph, SMS, Chris B

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, Day 1 deadline is Saturday 3:45am

I'd also like that too please.

I understand it changes the game somewhat but it doesn't break it and infact the setup i mentioned if not the case is something i'd be willing to try a variation of...

Ron, I already said I didn't want to vote for you, but your roleclaim has changed that.

It is not because I am scum and want to get rid of you, but it is as Bristep has already beaten me to saying, I can't work out a game set up which would be balanced and fair enough for players of this size to allow another killer role on top of the daykill and scums normal night kill.

You could have claimed another role and I may have believed you, but With deadline approaching, you have become my main suspect.

As I would like to give Ron a little more time to discuss things, as well as awaiting a vote count so I don't quick lynch him, he gets my finger constantly poking him in his face.

Fos: Ron

Town spend the day deciding who to kill, then at night the scum pick off players one at a time. That's basic mafia. To have all kills happen (apart from a town vig) during the day completely turns it around and really needs clarification beforehand. If Scum have the day kill, then every day they can pick the right moment to fuck town's shit up. Totally unbalances the game. There's a reason town get the full day phase to react to the game, only town and third party should have the ability to affect play during the day, not scum.

Just noticed Mikes count, so with Ron at 5 votes, I will vote for him but don't want the lynch till he has one last response at least.

If he is still alive when I wake up in the morning, if his response does not do anything to change my mind I will vote for him, but if he offers a good enough response I will vote Kenny.

• Paid Members
Ron, I already said I didn't want to vote for you, but your roleclaim has changed that.

It is not because I am scum and want to get rid of you, but it is as Bristep has already beaten me to saying, I can't work out a game set up which would be balanced and fair enough for players of this size to allow another killer role on top of the daykill and scums normal night kill.

You could have claimed another role and I may have believed you, but With deadline approaching, you have become my main suspect.

As I would like to give Ron a little more time to discuss things, as well as awaiting a vote count so I don't quick lynch him, he gets my finger constantly poking him in his face.

Fos: Ron

I can only claim the role I've been given. It's verifiable I guess, as nights go on you can all decide who I go for. Chris Stone, my role's multiple use I assume. My role PM just says I'm a vigilante, and that I can use the power when I wish. It doesn't say I can only use it once or that I have to use it every night.

I know that we've moved on somewhat from Ron's "Carbomb wouldn't choose me to be scum TWICE in a row!" statement, but this is in the rules posted at game start.

Mechanics:

- Players were assigned their roles at random, using 1 suit of playing cards, Ace to King, shuffled and drawn from the top.

• Paid Members
I know that we've moved on somewhat from Ron's "Carbomb wouldn't choose me to be scum TWICE in a row!" statement, but this is in the rules posted at game start.

Mechanics:

- Players were assigned their roles at random, using 1 suit of playing cards, Ace to King, shuffled and drawn from the top.

Fair enough. You seem eager to have me lynched and I do feel your actions are very 'bull in a china shop' if you're town. I'm guessing you're scum, you know I'm town and assume my claim is correct. It'd be a big boost for the scum on day one to have both the watcher AND a vigilante die on the first day.

Archived