2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

I'm sure Jambo just meant a friendly no-money-at-stake bet. I hope he did anyway.

I've never had a bet come off when Aberdeen have been involved. Granted I usually picked Scoreline & 1st/last scorer but I eventually just gave up betting on them. The Queen Of The South semi-final was the final straw. I won't get burnt again.

Indeed sir, just for the banter..

My favourite Dundee punting story: 2008, I was running really good playing online poker, and was up ~

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Forfeit? I could be completely professional and get your name, weight and place of birth right for once?

Of course - There is no way we will lose that game!!

Don't fall for this Jambo. Pick another forfeit because we all know the above would never happen!

:p

• Paid Members
Don't fall for this Jambo. Pick another forfeit because we all know the above would never happen!

:p

Shoosh you! I've been working on new zingers all week seeing as I've had lots of free time.

Stuart McCall said something along the lines of the Malmo player hitting Bougherra in the elbow with his face on Radio Scotland which is just fantastic.

Cracking goal that finished the tie. I felt kinda sorry for McGregor after his wonder save before the goal. Jelavic's goal was pretty good and a belter of a ball from Edu to create the goal.

In the end, Rangers got what they deserved. They had huge chunks of possession, and in the first leg missed more than one "sitter" and if you can't take them chances, you deserve to be punished for it. Jelavic missed a big one tonight as well.

• Paid Members
Glad to see Rangers get dumped oot :laugh:

Why though? It's not like English football where it doesn't really matter if one big club gets dumped out - Rangers getting KO'd seriously affects our UEFA co-efficient, and even the reputation of our game.

Why though? It's not like English football where it doesn't really matter if one big club gets dumped out - Rangers getting KO'd seriously affects our UEFA co-efficient, and even the reputation of our game.

First of all, I don't really care about the co-efficient. I also don't give a toss what people think about our game.

• Paid Members
First of all, I don't really care about the co-efficient. I also don't give a toss what people think about our game.

But the co-efficient affects every team - it affects the number of qualification places we have for Europe so thus directly impacts your team. Also, when I say "what people think", it of course impacts on what players think. The better we do, the more likely we are to attract quality imports and the more likely our younger Scottish talents are to develop should they play against or alongside these people, or alternatively if they get the chance to play in Europe.

If our sides do well in Europe, the more cash other teams will pay for our exports. Even if that export was, say, a big money purchase from Rangers the Ibrox side might directly invest that cash into buying other players in the SPL.

Archived