2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Where have you been Martyn? I was going to ask how you thought your boys did against St Mirren? :laugh:

We managed to lose twice their last season so we're just continuing the rich vein of form from last term. :angry:

I'm more interested in how the Midden played, as apparently they were pretty damn good. I thought they looked decent against Dunfermline and all that was lacking was a goal.

The three big attacking signings should make a big difference to them this season. They usually gave teams a hard game last year, and although they dropped a lot of points, they were very rarely gubbed. It was usually only the odd goal in it. With Hasselbaink, Thompson and Teale coming in, they should be much much improved and able to turn a lot of those losses into draws and draws into wins.

Shame, as I don't like them. :)

Dundee Utd have reject a 531st bid from Rangers for Goodwillie. I don't know what's so hard for Whyte and McCoist to understand. A 2.8m bid has been accepted by another team. NOTHING BELOW THAT WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Apparently we're going to bid again though. No doubt 1.5M plus a dinner for two at Pizza Hut and first choice of the vending machine at Murray Park.

Absolute embarrassment how we've conducted ourselves in the transfer market this season.

Source: STV.com

If what I hear is true and Bougherra is in the last year of his contract, three million is terrific business by Rangers.

Definatley. He hasn't looked interested in playing here for the past 6 months. We obviously need to replace him because even an uninterested Bougherra was one of the SPL's best defenders. But if we can get the boy from Anderlecht I think he could do a job. And Goian looked solid against an admittedly poor St Johnstone on Saturday.

In other news, the David Goodwillie transfer to Blackburn HAS COLLAPSED. Ooo eeeer.

• Paid Members
In even more confusing news, Gary Locke is the new manager on a permanent basis.

No he's not, it's only on an interim basis, I think you've misread a story. According to all the major news sites a new boss will be introduced to the players tomorrow and he's Portuguese.

Archived