2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members
I imagine your employed. I don't imagine you'd turn down a similar job with better pay at the bigger company.

Question for the Aberdeen fans on here, why have you got about 4 keepers on trial at the moment having already signed one and have "Clangers"?

You answered your own question thereby using Jamies nickname!

No, but seriously. Apparently Broon is concerned Clangers won't get back to the level he was at before his seizure (combined with David Gonzalez only signing a six-month loan deal) so he wants to bring in at least another goalkeeper in case we are caught short in January.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I imagine your employed. I don't imagine you'd turn down a similar job with better pay at the bigger company.

No I wouldn't. I also wouldn't make a big song & dance of telling my current employers and workmates that I wouldn't be leaving though, saying that this job is the only one I want until I retire and so forth.

If he had got the offer and said "I'm off", then fair enough. He didn't though.

• Paid Members
No I wouldn't. I also wouldn't make a big song & dance of telling my current employers and workmates that I wouldn't be leaving though, saying that this job is the only one I want until I retire and so forth.

If he had got the offer and said "I'm off", then fair enough. He didn't though.

You do realise who our chairman is? No way was Brown offered more money! He's on the same wage as he was at Motherwell apparently.

You do realise who our chairman is? No way was Brown offered more money! He's on the same wage as he was at Motherwell apparently.

He was offered the same money the first time around, which he turned down. He accepted the deal when he got an increased offer.

Question for the Aberdeen fans on here, why have you got about 4 keepers on trial at the moment having already signed one and have "Clangers"?

Aberdeen being a "bigger company" than Motherwell in Scottish football today is debatable. Motherwell were, after all, the top six club and Scottish Cup finalists last season.

I don't know what Craig Brown's wage is now compared to what he was being paid at Fir Park (if he's on record as saying the it is better then fair enough) but there is a thing called loyalty. Not everyone would move to the "bigger company" because of a better wage.

Used to work with Chris's girlfriend and been out with him on a few nights out. This was all when he played with Kilbirnie and he always looked a cut above Junior football. Glad to see he's doing well enough at Thistle to be linked with SPL clubs.

We drew Malmo in the Champions league qualifing. Them and genk were probably the two teams that stood out from the bunch of teams we could have drawn so it's disappointing we drew one of the stronger teams. Having said that if we don't have the quality to beat them we don't deserve European football.

Oh and King Carlos is on his way back.

• Paid Members
Oh and King Carlos is on his way back.

What makes you so sure? From what I hear its all about weather Carlos is happy to take at least a 50% wage cut.

What makes you so sure? From what I hear its all about weather Carlos is happy to take at least a 50% wage cut.

King Carlos will be back. I have no doubt. But I have a feeling it's one of our now customary 3 month transfer sagas

• Paid Members
King Carlos will be back. I have no doubt. But I have a feeling it's one of our now customary 3 month transfer sagas

Don't think we would miss him at Villa he found his level at Rangers and Clark is just as good if not better, Can't remember him being that impressive at Villa, but that might be down to the fact he had to play at right back, thing I'm hearing is that Naismith is part of the deal which seems a bit pointless on our part he would be no better then Maloney was.

Edit :- was posting this before I read the above post.

Archived